Group Home

Smarter Style: Trend Alert -- Print it out!

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 43 Replies

As we all know by now, I'm a pretty basic gal. I like my jeans and white t-shirts, my black turtlenecks, you know, the neutrals rule my closet. But there is something about springtime, warmer temps, the sun!, that make me think about popping on a shirt or (gasp!) a dress with some color.

This season, it isn't just one color that stands out everywhere. It's a mix of them. Prints are everywhere. Tops, dresses, denim, headbands....really, it is one of the tops trend for this summer. So, what am I eyeing as I possibly venture into color territory? I'm not sure, but check out these options:

These pants scream I'm going to a summer soiree...or at least I need to throw one so I can wear them. The green leaf design found at Banana Republic is just so happy, no? Top it with a basic white blouse or a navy tee and pops of gold jewelry.

Pair this flowy blue-and-white print top from Old Navy with jeans of any color or a long maxi skirt. Perfect for the super-hot summer days, you will look cool and stay cool too.

Colors don't have to be bright to be beautiful, that is why this dress I spotted at Neiman Marcus is right up my alley.  The white and muted yellow-green print combined with a modern neckline and cut can go anywhere from work to a summer cocktail party.

I am always in need of something sassy to pair with jeans other than a t-shirt. Enter this fabulously chic tunic from Kmart. With black pants, it is dressy enough for a party, yet can also be matched up with white jeans. The bonus: I can totally see it peeking out from a fluffy black sweater or blazer come Fall and Winter.  

When I do go for colors, I go for these ones: blues, greens, golds. They are all together in this shift I found at Nordstrom's. I dig the sheath cut of the dress and somewhat cut-in straps that make it a touch more interesting than usual.  

Are you digging prints this season? Do you have a new favorite dress or top in a print? Share a pic!

ŠiStockphoto.com/ mattjeacock 

by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mereinhart28
by on May. 14, 2013 at 7:05 AM

don't really like any of those...

momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 14, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Dont like any of it. But I love that neone seems to be making a comeback this summer

Mznaye
by Jo on May. 14, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I dont like the prints
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM
I'm liking the dress from Neiman Marcus! Nice!

Maybe I'll get something in print this season...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on May. 14, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Eh.
Sorry.

But I would believe there are women out there who does like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on May. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I like the last two prints, but those pants are so ugly IMO!

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM

i love the tops and dresses!

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I am not a print person but some of these are ok

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on May. 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM

yuck I'm good thank you though

slw123
by Shawna on May. 14, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Not digging the prints.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80