Group Home

Pedicure help!

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 30 Replies

Okay ladies i need your help plz!!

Here we are in May-warm weather (for some) sandal season!

I'm a flipflop girl myself.

Anyhoo,my tootsies are in need of some TLC!

So since i really can't make it to the spa/nail salon

I would love to hear YOUR home remedies to pamper the tootsies!

And maybe even some nice nail designs while we're at it!

by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

A homemade sugar scrub could help as well as lots of aloe.    My feet are very neglected but i try to use a sugar scrub on them..... Mix table sugar with water until a paste.   If you have a body scrub, you could probably just mix the sugar in with that for the same effect.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

A homemade sugar scrub could help as well as lots of aloe.    My feet are very neglected but i try to use a sugar scrub on them..... Mix table sugar with water until a paste.   If you have a body scrub, you could probably just mix the sugar in with that for the same effect.

how much sugar vs how much water

my feet aren't fugly but they could use some pampering

jackiewal10
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Easiest way to scrub off the dead skin...  Soak your feet in hot water with Epsom salt.  Soak them for at least 15 minutes.  Then that a firm bristle tooth brush to your feet.  Dead/tough skin comes right off.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Quoting jackiewal10:

Easiest way to scrub off the dead skin...  Soak your feet in hot water with Epsom salt.  Soak them for at least 15 minutes.  Then that a firm bristle tooth brush to your feet.  Dead/tough skin comes right off.

hmmm would a loofah work as well?

jackiewal10
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting jackiewal10:

Ehhh...probably not.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting jackiewal10:

No a loofah would not work for this.   You need a nail scrubber/foot scrubber or as the poster said a firm toothbrush to help get the dead cells off.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on May. 8, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I agree with the soaking and scrubbing.  I also push back my cuticles after soaking, much easier and your polish looks much nicer.

lady-t3984
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I just did my feet last night. Like everyone said,a good soaking is a must. After, I soak my feet, I dry them very well, then I use my 'peg egg' I brought mine for 6.99 from CVS,after I used'peg egg' I lather my feet with vasoline,then I put on white socks to sleep in. Cheap and easy!
BeachMommy07
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I agree with the soaking and scrubbing.  I also push back my cuticles after soaking, much easier and your polish looks much nicer.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting jackiewal10:

No a loofah would not work for this.   You need a nail scrubber/foot scrubber or as the poster said a firm toothbrush to help get the dead cells off.

gotcha i have a foot scrubber but rarely use it. guess now i need to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. proudmommy690
  2. cemcnair
  3. melliburger
  4. ScrChk23
  5. Ladyisis
  6. momofsixangels