Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Look what I found... for FREE!!

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 56 Replies

My neighborhood has during April a "pick up" service where everyone can put on the curve what they dont want anymore and the garbage department will come and pick it up... well many people are aware of it and take their pickups and go scavenging, me included lol ;)

Here are my fab finds.  They are still in the the ruff but I will work on them and post new pics when done.

for my deck! :)

this fabulous little table/planter holder which I want to paint in a bold color and might add some art to it ;) I am looking into putting some glass pieces or mirror on the top.

and my master piece! lol...

I stopped on a dime when I saw this on the curve.. its so cool and really good wood.. cant imagine why someone would throw it out... but now its mine :)

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Wow!  You did awesome :)

Wish2Be
by Michelle on May. 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

We used to do this in Europe. The trash would pick up large items one day a month and the night before....cars would just be circling the neighborhood. We found some great almost new coffee tables and shelves. :)

momofnatalie
by Lisa on May. 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

How cool, they used to do this where I grew up and there was always great stuff. 

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM

and I was so mad because I was driving my minivan and had to run do something, there where so many things, bookcases, chests, tables.. but I didnt have time or space :/   so I picked what really called to me. Im so happy and will wait until it stops raining to start painting ;)

Quoting hugss:

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
fraujones
by Amanda on May. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice. I like the little table. 

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Aww . .those tables are really great :)

Quoting yvonne37:

and I was so mad because I was driving my minivan and had to run do something, there where so many things, bookcases, chests, tables.. but I didnt have time or space :/   so I picked what really called to me. Im so happy and will wait until it stops raining to start painting ;)

Quoting hugss:

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I love big trash days -- you can find some awesome stuff... And it looks like you did! I hope you'll post before/after picks when you get everything refinished. :)

lillucky8
by Jen on May. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on May. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Great finds!!  They do this here but the first day the trash doesn't pick up to leave time to scavenge!  Then second day they get what's left!

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM

oh cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN