Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh thank goodness I found it!

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM
  • 11 Replies

DS does virtual school online. He's 6 and finishing up kindergarten. I printed out his language arts test and we sat down and took it over the course of a day with a couple breaks, but when I went to submit it, it said I couldn't because he was missing an assessment before it and you can't submit assessments out of order.

So I had him do the one we missed, it was an illustrated poem he had to write. That took forever. All language arts is like pulling teeth with him. Math, he'll sit and do a dozen lessons if you let him, but LA is his nemesis.

So finally he got the poem done, though it took a few days. I submitted the poem and then went to pull up the image file of the test he had finished, and I realized I never put it on the computer! It wasn't in the camera either. I never took a picture of it (I don't have a scanner so I take a high-res pic and it works), and now it was nowhere to be found.

I was freaking out because I just deep-cleaned the school room and had thrown some stuff away that he didn't need. I dug through the trash and it wasn't there. It wasn't in his finished work folder, or in his language arts box. I was kicking myself because I was sure he was going to have to take it over, and it was my fault.

Finally I found it on my headboard in my room. Not sure why it was there, but it was! I was not looking forward to telling him he had to take his test again!

by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccasmly
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Glad you found it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mereinhart28
by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Glad you found it! :)

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Glad you found it. Why made you choose an online school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 14, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Thats good!

mamivon2
by Sandra on May. 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Glad you found it..

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM
I hate it when that happens! Happy you found it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle :) on May. 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Glad you found it. Why made you choose an online school?

My son would have a tough time in a classroom. He gets overstimulated easily by the simplest triggers, such as a certain smell or a constant noise. It's very hard for him to control himself when this happens so we're working that. Also he just needs to be moving allllllll the time.
childofgod04
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Glad you found it!

suziejax
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM

awesome!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 14, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Glad you found it. I hate when that happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)