Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You would think I would be estatic but I have mixed feelings

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 22 Replies

Dh & I are close friends with another couple who have a 10yo son. One of the parents has serious medical issues. They had a family cruise scheduled to the Bahamas. The parent without medical issues can not go now do to a great job opportunity. The parents don't really feel safe with just the other parent and child going in case something medically happens to the parent. They offered, and after much consideration, I accepted to go.

Now, dh will be home this week, working overtime, to pay for 2 other cruises we have booked in the Winter. This will be the first time I have ever travel without him and the first time we have been apart for more then 5 days.

I am having mixed feelings about going. Ugh...

by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wish2Be
by Michelle on May. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I think you will have a great time. I am sure they appreciate that you accepted. Are you going with the other parent?

goddess99
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Well it sounds like you're going as a favor and to help if anything medical happens. Just go and try to have fun, it's not like a huge pleasure cruise you're taking without your dh.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Quoting Wish2Be:

I think you will have a great time. I am sure they appreciate that you accepted. Are you going with the other parent?

Yes...It will be the parent with medical issues, the son and me. This couple actually asked dh & I a month ago if the coupld designate dh & I as guardian of their son, should something happen to them.

suziejax
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I totally understand how you feel. But I bet you will have a great time.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I think you should go and enjoy yourself

MamaMandee
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Understandable on having mixed feelings. Im sure you will have a nice time & it is a great thing you are doing by helping out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM

thats nice of them :) go and enjoy your time apart from your spouse, this is always a good thing specially because he will miss you ;)

is the parent thats going the mom or the dad of the child?  because if its the dad I would understand feeling a little uncomfortable, but its not a big deal and if its the mom then you girls can have a ball! :)

Threes.Company
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Enjoy yourself!  Sounds like a good deal to me!  I hope you end up having fun...

mrswillie
by CeeCee on May. 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

lol. They are both moms.

Quoting yvonne37:

thats nice of them :) go and enjoy your time apart from your spouse, this is always a good thing specially because he will miss you ;)

is the parent thats going the mom or the dad of the child?  because if its the dad I would understand feeling a little uncomfortable, but its not a big deal and if its the mom then you girls can have a ball! :)

momofnatalie
by Lisa on May. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I hope you will have a good time.  It's tough to leave DH but when you return it will be nice to have that reconnection time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN