Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father in Biracial Relationship Accused of Kidnapping His Own Children

Posted by   + Show Post

by 

Joseph took his three girls to Walmart recently to cash a check, but he got more than he asked for upon leaving, and we don’t mean he scored extra cash. After Joseph left the store and picked up his wife Keana, the family arrived back at home to find a cop car waiting.

"He asks us very sincerely, ‘Hey, I was sent here by Walmart security. I just need to make sure that the children that you have are your own,’” Joseph told FOC 5 News.

Joseph is white, Keana is black, and their three girls look more like their mom than their dad.

"Well, the customer was concerned because they saw the children with your husband and he didn't think that they fit," Keana said she was told. "And I said, ‘What do you mean by they don't fit?’ And I was trying to get [the officer] to say it. And she says, ‘Well, they just don't match up.’”

The couple has been married for 10 years and has a 4-year-old daughter and 2-year-old twin girls. They say they have experienced their fair share of racial insults before, but this accusation that their kids were stolen by their own father takes the cake.

Walmart issued a statement in which they claim to be looking into the situation, but Joseph and Keana say they’ve already decided never to shop at Walmart again.

Source: FOX 5 News

by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 6:08 AM

I agree, this is so common now, why would anyone question it? Crazy!

Quoting lyrick24:

i go to walmart all the time and i have biracial children and they never question me. i dont know why they would do that. it is not incommon these days to be in a  biracial relationship. i think someone really jumped the gun in this situation.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 26, 2013 at 6:58 AM

This is my grandson. His father is puerto rican. Noone has said anything. Even though he is  so dang white. Lol. If anyone did this to him  I would be so angry

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on May. 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM

wow

thickmamaof2
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I'm white and dh is black. Our son, you can tell is mixed but our daughter is so light she looks hispanic so people ask us all the time if both kids are my husbands. I can't believe some People
AzariahsMother
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM

surprisedI don't even know what to say.  I can't believe people are this dumb.  REALLY!!!!  I thought we have come along way but this really proves there is still stupid out there.  I would be suing the heck out of Walmart and that police station for even coming to my door asking such a dumb question. 

Makes you wonder what Walmart said to the police to make them go.  Had to have been more then I think these children were kidnapped or even they were of a different race.  And if that was all Walmart said how uneducated the police station or cops were to go to their house.  Don't you have more serious crimes to fight....ugh!!!!

AzariahsMother

Love this photo!

Quoting thickmamaof2:

I'm white and dh is black. Our son, you can tell is mixed but our daughter is so light she looks hispanic so people ask us all the time if both kids are my husbands. I can't believe some People

thickmamaof2
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Maybe cause the dad is a older white man? Which isn't as common as white women with a black man

Quoting elasmimi:

I agree, this is so common now, why would anyone question it? Crazy!

Quoting lyrick24:

i go to walmart all the time and i have biracial children and they never question me. i dont know why they would do that. it is not incommon these days to be in a  biracial relationship. i think someone really jumped the gun in this situation.

AzariahsMother

Pretty girls :)

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Mobile Photo

I had someone ask where I adopted my daughter from before. Another asked my mom how my husband and I had such a dark skinned daughter. (He adopted her)

People are ridiculous.

thickmamaof2
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Thank you. She has a ton of attitude. And also love to do a duck/kissy face for pictures.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Love this photo!

Quoting thickmamaof2:

AzariahsMother
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I can see that attitude... wink wink!!  I will cross my fingers she doesn't get worse...wink wink!!

Serious she is very pretty.

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Thank you. She has a ton of attitude. And also love to do a duck/kissy face for pictures.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Love this photo!

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)