Group Home

Father in Biracial Relationship Accused of Kidnapping His Own Children

Posted by   + Show Post

by 

Joseph took his three girls to Walmart recently to cash a check, but he got more than he asked for upon leaving, and we don’t mean he scored extra cash. After Joseph left the store and picked up his wife Keana, the family arrived back at home to find a cop car waiting.

"He asks us very sincerely, ‘Hey, I was sent here by Walmart security. I just need to make sure that the children that you have are your own,’” Joseph told FOC 5 News.

Joseph is white, Keana is black, and their three girls look more like their mom than their dad.

"Well, the customer was concerned because they saw the children with your husband and he didn't think that they fit," Keana said she was told. "And I said, ‘What do you mean by they don't fit?’ And I was trying to get [the officer] to say it. And she says, ‘Well, they just don't match up.’”

The couple has been married for 10 years and has a 4-year-old daughter and 2-year-old twin girls. They say they have experienced their fair share of racial insults before, but this accusation that their kids were stolen by their own father takes the cake.

Walmart issued a statement in which they claim to be looking into the situation, but Joseph and Keana say they’ve already decided never to shop at Walmart again.

Source: FOX 5 News

by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
thickmamaof2
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I always say she is getting it out now so when she is a teenager she won't be so bad. Lol. And thank you so much

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I can see that attitude... wink wink!!  I will cross my fingers she doesn't get worse...wink wink!!

Serious she is very pretty.

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Thank you. She has a ton of attitude. And also love to do a duck/kissy face for pictures.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Love this photo!

Quoting thickmamaof2:

I'm white and dh is black. Our son, you can tell is mixed but our daughter is so light she looks hispanic so people ask us all the time if both kids are my husbands. I can't believe some People

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on May. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Yep, that's what I thought, and I will have a 13 year old on Tuesday and let me tell ya it just gets worse.  This year has been bad for DD.  On punishment more times then she has been in her whole life, and currently on it now....sad

Quoting thickmamaof2:

I always say she is getting it out now so when she is a teenager she won't be so bad. Lol. And thank you so much

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I can see that attitude... wink wink!!  I will cross my fingers she doesn't get worse...wink wink!!

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Thank you. She has a ton of attitude. And also love to do a duck/kissy face for pictures.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Love this photo!

Quoting thickmamaof2:

I'm white and dh is black. Our son, you can tell is mixed but our daughter is so light she looks hispanic so people ask us all the time if both kids are my husbands. I can't believe some People

happymommy1105
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:34 AM
i had people ask me where i adopted my kids from cause they love their skin color. i always say "my uterus". i have actually had people ask me where that country is.

eh, you cant fix stupid.

my older sons bus driver wouldnt release him to me earlier this year claiming i wasnt his mother. pretty sure i puked for 9 months, went through labor and nursed him for the first 2.5 years of his life.....pretty sure he is mine.
thickmamaof2
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry Mama! Teenager stage is terrible. And no matter how much you punish for attitude, nothing works. We've tried everything for Madelyn. I think its just her feisty personality. I wish you luck and best wishes

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Yep, that's what I thought, and I will have a 13 year old on Tuesday and let me tell ya it just gets worse.  This year has been bad for DD.  On punishment more times then she has been in her whole life, and currently on it now....sad

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Love this photo!

Quoting thickmamaof2:

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Oh wow, that is nuts.
jeweldragons
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM

That's just stupid.  We're TTC #1 but I'm white and my husband is black so this something I worry about even though we don't have kids yet.

Mistygirl
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM

What a bunch of douche bags, how unfortunate that this family had to got through this. 

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on May. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Aw thank you!!!

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Pretty girls :)

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Mobile Photo

I had someone ask where I adopted my daughter from before. Another asked my mom how my husband and I had such a dark skinned daughter. (He adopted her)

People are ridiculous.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

why apparently that teacher didn't understand the complexaties of genetics

Quoting heydooney:

My mom is the only dark-haired child in a family of 9 kids with blond parents. Her high school biology teacher told her she must be adopted because it wasn't possible for her parents to be her parents.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on May. 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM
No, and this was back in the 70's.

Quoting lizzig:

why apparently that teacher didn't understand the complexaties of genetics

Quoting heydooney:

My mom is the only dark-haired child in a family of 9 kids with blond parents. Her high school biology teacher told her she must be adopted because it wasn't possible for her parents to be her parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci