Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father in Biracial Relationship Accused of Kidnapping His Own Children

Posted by   + Show Post

by 

Joseph took his three girls to Walmart recently to cash a check, but he got more than he asked for upon leaving, and we don’t mean he scored extra cash. After Joseph left the store and picked up his wife Keana, the family arrived back at home to find a cop car waiting.

"He asks us very sincerely, ‘Hey, I was sent here by Walmart security. I just need to make sure that the children that you have are your own,’” Joseph told FOC 5 News.

Joseph is white, Keana is black, and their three girls look more like their mom than their dad.

"Well, the customer was concerned because they saw the children with your husband and he didn't think that they fit," Keana said she was told. "And I said, ‘What do you mean by they don't fit?’ And I was trying to get [the officer] to say it. And she says, ‘Well, they just don't match up.’”

The couple has been married for 10 years and has a 4-year-old daughter and 2-year-old twin girls. They say they have experienced their fair share of racial insults before, but this accusation that their kids were stolen by their own father takes the cake.

Walmart issued a statement in which they claim to be looking into the situation, but Joseph and Keana say they’ve already decided never to shop at Walmart again.

Source: FOX 5 News

by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Replies (71-77):
MamaMandee
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Super handsome! The whole thing just seems so dumb in this day & age!

Quoting childofgod04:

Mobile Photo

My son is mixed and I've gotten weird looks but nobody has ever said anything. My husband is black and I'm white so I guess we get more looks for that then for having a mixed child. My son is light but he's darker than me so I still get the weird looks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
childofgod04
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I agree. There are so many interracial couples and families these days. It's very common. I don't see it as much where I live now (Texas) but where my son was born (Virginia) there are a lot. There are a lot of them in the military too which is what my husband is (Army).

Quoting MamaMandee:

Super handsome! The whole thing just seems so dumb in this day & age!

Quoting childofgod04:

Mobile Photo

My son is mixed and I've gotten weird looks but nobody has ever said anything. My husband is black and I'm white so I guess we get more looks for that then for having a mixed child. My son is light but he's darker than me so I still get the weird looks.
Threes.Company
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Oh come on... Seriously?!  If you really were concerned, ask the 4-year-old.  Surely she can confirm it's her dad.  So ridiculous.  There are a lot of biracial kids that look like one parent more than the other.  So stupid.

happymommy1105
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM
oh yeah. my poor 1st grader was crying. and im standing there with my big ol preggo belly attempting not to become overly emotional.

it was not our finest hour. but the school board got a piece of my mind.

Quoting cjsmom1:

This made me lol. Some people are idiots. I can't believe the driver wouldn't release your ds. I'm sure you and ds were saying you were his mother.

Quoting happymommy1105:

i had people ask me where i adopted my kids from cause they love their skin color. i always say "my uterus". i have actually had people ask me where that country is.

eh, you cant fix stupid.

my older sons bus driver wouldnt release him to me earlier this year claiming i wasnt his mother. pretty sure i puked for 9 months, went through labor and nursed him for the first 2.5 years of his life.....pretty sure he is mine.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM

people are crazy.

da808gypsy
by on May. 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Smh I would have went off on that bus driver.

Quoting happymommy1105:

i had people ask me where i adopted my kids from cause they love their skin color. i always say "my uterus". i have actually had people ask me where that country is.

eh, you cant fix stupid.

my older sons bus driver wouldnt release him to me earlier this year claiming i wasnt his mother. pretty sure i puked for 9 months, went through labor and nursed him for the first 2.5 years of his life.....pretty sure he is mine.
da808gypsy
by on May. 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I constantly wonder if ds is going to look like me or dh because I fear that if he looks like dh I might get stares, but then again if he looks like me dh might get stares. Lol

Dh is white with blue/grey eyes and blonde hair. So far baby is pale with black hair and brownish eyes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)