Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is a reasonable time to use power tools on a Saturday morning?

Posted by on May. 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 32 Replies

One of my neighbors regularly uses power equipment before 8 a.m. on Saturday mornings. I think people should refrain from using loud machinery before 10 a.m. on weekends. Am I being unreasonable?

by on May. 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Check your local noise ordinance maybe. I think 8-9 am is pretty reasonable. But I am usually up at 6 and doing stuff by then. I do ask my kids to be quiet if they are out before 9 am

mckinneymom918
by on May. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM
8-9 if using outside or in an open garage. But we don't have people that "regularly" do it.
sjenkins8208
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Yes you are. If that were the case for my family stuff would never get done, or my husband wouldn't have time to spend with the family on his RARE days off. He's been known to get up and have the lawn mowed BY 8am. If our neighbors don't like it then they can move somewhere away from neighbors. While we are moving in a few years, we have currently lived in our home for 6 years and none of our neighbors have yet to complain.
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I would say 9. But then again it depends on what they are doing really. I understand that they tools are loud, but depending on what they are doing, they may want to try to get it done before it gets too hot.
Luv.My.Kidz
by on May. 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Yes you are being unreasonable... Most people want to be done and over with when it comes to their yard before 10/11 because that's when it starts becoming to hot in the summer. 

Noise ordinances usually on the weekends are 8am so they are well within the ordinance. My dad used to have the grass completely mowed (along with about 3-4 other neighbors) by 8am because it was the coolest. 

ColieO
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I'd prefer 9.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Where I've lived 8am-10pm was the norm for noise..

MamaSarah1104
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
8 am seems reasonable. 10 am is the middle of the day, I couldn't avoid doing housework until after 10 it would feel like I waited all day. I'm often up by 6
EbonySnow
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM

i sleep with earplugs so i really couldn't say

momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 28, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I would say 9 am

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN