Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i gave in to her obsession

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 56 Replies

my daughter, for some reason lately, is obsessed with all things bacon.  she's been wanting to try one of the many bacon sweets she's seen on various cooking shows.

well today i made one of my "everything but" cookies.  chocolate cookies with mini reese's pieces & crushed pretzels.  i took a bit of the dough & added some diced bacon to it.  i didn't tell her i did it, wanted to see if she could tell.  i made sure they were the last batch i baked.  you couldn't really smell the bacon while they were in the oven but you definitely could when i took them out.  after they cooled a bit i gave her one to try.  she got an odd look on her face when she picked one up & got a whiff of the bacon.  she could tell there was something different about it but couldn't tell what it was.  she could when she bit into it though.  she got a big piece of bacon with her first bite.  her response?  "oh my gosh!  you put bacon in these?!  these are the best cookies ever!"  i'll have to take her word for it since i don't eat meat!  i guess they are pretty good though because my son, who isn't big on sweets, asked for a second one.  =)

by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM

im glad she liked them!

lil_mama06
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Glad she liked them..I'll just leave the bacon for my jalepeno poppers..

lilblu399
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Cool! Is she allowed to watch epic meal time on YouTube? They make everything with bacon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Glad she liked them :)

Stevensmomma
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM

haha thats neat !!!!!

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM

You are a fun mom!

myownparadise
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:35 PM

It is awesome that you made them for her, and it is great that she likes them! I love bacon, but cannot come to terms with trying it in something sweet like that.

Mami2oneboy
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM

haha how cool i would totally try those!

Wish2Be
by Michelle on May. 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Thats an interesting combination. :)
mereinhart28
by on May. 30, 2013 at 7:37 AM

glad she liked them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)