Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG. How rude can you be?? Geeze

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 24 Replies
My son is interested in learning how to play the violin.. Not my first choice of an instrument I want them to learn but hey, his choice. I promised him I will look into it.. Lessons, how much, rent or buy a violin etc.. I went to this place called Dons music studio..they also sell, buy and repair instruments... two guys.. maybe over 50 overweight, and appeared to be lazy sitting behind the counter.. I asked in a nice friendly voice.. that Im looking for some information about violin lessons and if they know anything? Do you think one of them would have bothered getting up and talked to me.. NOPE.. they rolled their eyes and pointed to the back and said: there is a board back there maybe there is something on it.. and continued with their conversation!! I did find a name and phone nr. took the infos and walked out.. Didnt bother saying Good bye.. oh and the kicker is.. 2 blocks up the road is a place Arts and music studio.. I went in there to ask.. and they were nice and helpful. answered my questions and all.. you should think Dons music studio would have told me about this place..
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I got the same treatment at parrot stores today. I left one store angry and went to the next. Gear service at the second store. I spent $400+ that the first store missed out on. So frustrating.
mamivon2
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Isnt it.. I was geeze people you know Im trying to make a business deal here with you guys.. hello..

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I got the same treatment at parrot stores today. I left one store angry and went to the next. Gear service at the second store. I spent $400+ that the first store missed out on. So frustrating.

aneela
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I guess they don't know what customer service is about *sigh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM

oh wow, bad customer service for sure!

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM

some places are just unprofessional like that. probably not doing too good of business at all.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:51 PM

it's sad that in a time when so many are out of work you have people working that obviously don't want to be in that job.

by the way, when my daughter started violin we found her first violin on craigslist for $50, only needed new strings.  she used it for 2 years before we had to move up in size.  that was much cheaper than renting, places by me ranged from $20-$40 a month.  found a shop near us that "refurbishes" old violins & resells them for a good price.  will go there for her next one, she'll need a full size by the fall.

SarahSuzyQ
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Yeah, I don't go back to stores like that. :( Really frustrating.

I played violin for several years and just took lessons from a private teacher. Really enjoyed it.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

my daughter's taken them for the last two years with a local youth orchestra.  she wants to try out fiddle & possible join a local youth ceili band in the fall.  she has her first fiddle lesson in about a week

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Yeah, I don't go back to stores like that. :( Really frustrating.

I played violin for several years and just took lessons from a private teacher. Really enjoyed it.

Jukebox_Jenny
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Wow.
momofnatalie
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I hate places like that, I'm glad you found a better place to go to.  I'm surprised they can stay in business with that kind of customer service.  They should have been trying to get you as a customer not just pushing you off to the board. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)