Who doesn't relish the simple pleasures of wearing, light, airy, colorful clothes and open-toe shoes in summer? Shedding those winter blues and spring raincoats and boots for a fresh summer style is such a great feeling, and fun too! Here's a list of summer must-haves to make sure you feel stylish and prepared for all the cool, fun times ahead:
1) A hat. Hottest hat trends right now, of course, are the super sexy Panama hat and the stripped or plain wide-brimmed straw hat. Not only do they look great but they protect you from the sun too.
2) Colorful leather flip-flops, strappy sandals and espadrille wedges. These go with anything, and can be dressed up or down. They are available at shoe stores all over and come in every color imaginable. Love these!
3) Sunglasses. The Aviators and large lenses are still what's stylish right now so grab a pair, like the classic Ray Bans or the Michael Kors version, and add a cool 70's vibe to your hot summer look. Also in vogue are shades with colored rims, like green or white or red, or whatever you like.
4) A sarong or wrap. Great for covering up any, ahem, areas that need work, or for dressing up your beach look, or even for laying on, sarongs are one my favorite summer essentials. Look for something bold and colorful, and enjoy the flirty flash it adds to your figure.
5) Bright beaded necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. I'm seeing a lot of stylish multi-colored jewelry advertised all over, with bright, large stones in oval or square shapes. They add a playful and fancy note to any simple summer outfit.
6) A tote bag. Go for something large enough to hold your beach or day-trip gear including books, treats, towel, sunscreen, etc. Fun fabrics to consider for large bags are canvass, straw, or nylon. Leather straps add elegance and strength, too. Something one-toned or stripped will go with almost any outfit, and suit your needs for many purposes. I love the simplicity of great summer tote.
What are your summer style essentials?