Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Summer Essentials

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 40 Replies

Who doesn't relish the simple pleasures of wearing, light, airy, colorful clothes and open-toe shoes in summer? Shedding those winter blues and spring raincoats and boots for a fresh summer style is such a great feeling, and fun too! Here's a list of summer must-haves to make sure you feel stylish and prepared for all the cool, fun times ahead:

1) A hat. Hottest hat trends right now, of course, are the super sexy Panama hat and the stripped or plain wide-brimmed straw hat. Not only do they look great but they protect you from the sun too.

2) Colorful leather flip-flops, strappy sandals and espadrille wedges. These go with anything, and can be dressed up or down. They are available at shoe stores all over and come in every color imaginable. Love these!

3) Sunglasses. The Aviators and large lenses are still what's stylish right now so grab a pair, like the classic Ray Bans or the Michael Kors version, and add a cool 70's vibe to your hot summer look. Also in vogue are shades with colored rims, like green or white or red, or whatever you like.

4) A sarong or wrap. Great for covering up any, ahem, areas that need work, or for dressing up your beach look, or even for laying on, sarongs are one my favorite summer essentials. Look for something bold and colorful, and enjoy the flirty flash it adds to your figure.

5) Bright beaded necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. I'm seeing a lot of stylish multi-colored jewelry advertised all over, with bright, large stones in oval or square shapes. They add a playful and fancy note to any simple summer outfit.

6) A tote bag. Go for something large enough to hold your beach or day-trip gear including books, treats, towel, sunscreen, etc. Fun fabrics to consider for large bags are canvass, straw, or nylon. Leather straps add elegance and strength, too. Something one-toned or stripped will go with almost any outfit, and suit your needs for many purposes. I love the simplicity of great summer tote.

What are your summer style essentials?

© iStockphoto.com/cdwheatley

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Umbrella =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM

not that :)

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM

LOL Yeah its getting to be that way isn't it? I hate that we have scattered showers every day and some days it says we'll have rain and it doesn't. So I get weather headaches and they suck!

Quoting Apr1l:

Umbrella =)

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Love me some flip flops. Need to get in the habit of wearing them again. LOL After I broke my toe wearing them I kinda stayed away from it plus it was winter. 

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Well that and I'm one of the few people that likes to hang out in the shade

Quoting wandep:

LOL Yeah its getting to be that way isn't it? I hate that we have scattered showers every day and some days it says we'll have rain and it doesn't. So I get weather headaches and they suck!

Quoting Apr1l:

Umbrella =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM

flip flops and jewlery

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM

flip flops, a beach towel and a tote.

fraujones
by Amanda on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Sunscreen, flip flops and books!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Plain colored tank tops and a couple of flexible skirts, a couple of pairs of shorts and capris, and one or two light sweatshirts for layering.

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I have all these except the jewelry and isntead of the sarong I use a cute lightweight dress

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)