Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Summer Essentials

Posted by   + Show Post

Who doesn't relish the simple pleasures of wearing, light, airy, colorful clothes and open-toe shoes in summer? Shedding those winter blues and spring raincoats and boots for a fresh summer style is such a great feeling, and fun too! Here's a list of summer must-haves to make sure you feel stylish and prepared for all the cool, fun times ahead:

1) A hat. Hottest hat trends right now, of course, are the super sexy Panama hat and the stripped or plain wide-brimmed straw hat. Not only do they look great but they protect you from the sun too.

2) Colorful leather flip-flops, strappy sandals and espadrille wedges. These go with anything, and can be dressed up or down. They are available at shoe stores all over and come in every color imaginable. Love these!

3) Sunglasses. The Aviators and large lenses are still what's stylish right now so grab a pair, like the classic Ray Bans or the Michael Kors version, and add a cool 70's vibe to your hot summer look. Also in vogue are shades with colored rims, like green or white or red, or whatever you like.

4) A sarong or wrap. Great for covering up any, ahem, areas that need work, or for dressing up your beach look, or even for laying on, sarongs are one my favorite summer essentials. Look for something bold and colorful, and enjoy the flirty flash it adds to your figure.

5) Bright beaded necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. I'm seeing a lot of stylish multi-colored jewelry advertised all over, with bright, large stones in oval or square shapes. They add a playful and fancy note to any simple summer outfit.

6) A tote bag. Go for something large enough to hold your beach or day-trip gear including books, treats, towel, sunscreen, etc. Fun fabrics to consider for large bags are canvass, straw, or nylon. Leather straps add elegance and strength, too. Something one-toned or stripped will go with almost any outfit, and suit your needs for many purposes. I love the simplicity of great summer tote.

What are your summer style essentials?

© iStockphoto.com/cdwheatley

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM
a pedicure lol
childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Flip flops
childofgod04
Beach towel
childofgod04
Light colorful tanks
childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Shorts and flowy skirts
childofgod04
Sun dresses
childofgod04
I wear a cute lightweight dress over my swimsuit instead of a sarong or coverup.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Sun glasses

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Quoting childofgod04:

Flip flops

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Flip flops
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN