Group Home

Smarter Celebration: Fantastic Fathers’ Day Photos

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 36 Replies

OK ladies, we all know it's very hard to get a group shot of our families, especially on special occasions. And it can also difficult to come up with a good gift idea for the daddies with everything else we've got on our To Do lists. Here are some helpful tips to getting a really great photo, finally, of your crew for Fathers' Day. It's a great gift to give, one that any dad will cherish and hang onto forever, and look at often as a reminder of all the love his family feels for him.

· Stay Away from the Sun! The sun makes dark shadows on everything, and it makes kids squint and squirm. Try for a cloudy day to get your best shot or if you want to take it on a sunny day, move indoors to get your best shot.

· Instead of "cheese" days " DAAAD!" or "DADDYYYY!" It makes for great big smiles and your hubby will love to know they were all thinking of HIM when you took the picture.

· Go with the Crazy. Don't try to fight the chaos, try using it to your advantage. Some of the best pictures are the most natural ones; the ones that let your kids' true personalities shine. Your husband will appreciate having an image that reflects their individuality too.

· Frame your image properly. Pay attention to everything you see on the screen, corner to corner, and try to center your faces properly to avoid cutting off parts of hands or heads and such. Also avoid, if possible, a doorknob or one tree branch sticking out from somewhere. Go for a simple setting to make your life easiest here.

· The Flash is Not your Friend. Turn it off.

Here's hoping you all enjoy a wonderful Fathers' Day with your families this weekend, and remember to get some great shots to remember those special moments by.

Do you have any simple photo taking tips that work really well?

© iStockphoto.com/H-Gall

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:08 AM

I just snap and shoot

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Take candid shots, they usually turn out better.

Don't have your kids force smiles and say anything, if you want a natural face just keep clicking.

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Same here :)

Quoting momofsixangels:

I just snap and shoot

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

i very rarely "pose" photos.  i prefer capturing real action & emotion rather than one staged.

Juniper53098
by June on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM

We don't get many family pictures because my son HATES being photographed.  It's even hard to get candid shots of him.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM

natural light near a window indoors...and yeah candid shots can be great

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
we need family photos soooo bad .. but getting dh is a photo is harder than taking a photo ! thank you for the great tips !
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM

we just always take pics with our phones

fraujones
by Amanda on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Take a lot of photos to get a few good ones. 

Mznaye
by Jo on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I use my cell phone. I hope it comes out good
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie