See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
OK ladies, we all know it's very hard to get a group shot of our families, especially on special occasions. And it can also difficult to come up with a good gift idea for the daddies with everything else we've got on our To Do lists. Here are some helpful tips to getting a really great photo, finally, of your crew for Fathers' Day. It's a great gift to give, one that any dad will cherish and hang onto forever, and look at often as a reminder of all the love his family feels for him.
· Stay Away from the Sun! The sun makes dark shadows on everything, and it makes kids squint and squirm. Try for a cloudy day to get your best shot or if you want to take it on a sunny day, move indoors to get your best shot.
· Instead of "cheese" days " DAAAD!" or "DADDYYYY!" It makes for great big smiles and your hubby will love to know they were all thinking of HIM when you took the picture.
· Go with the Crazy. Don't try to fight the chaos, try using it to your advantage. Some of the best pictures are the most natural ones; the ones that let your kids' true personalities shine. Your husband will appreciate having an image that reflects their individuality too.
· Frame your image properly. Pay attention to everything you see on the screen, corner to corner, and try to center your faces properly to avoid cutting off parts of hands or heads and such. Also avoid, if possible, a doorknob or one tree branch sticking out from somewhere. Go for a simple setting to make your life easiest here.
· The Flash is Not your Friend. Turn it off.
Here's hoping you all enjoy a wonderful Fathers' Day with your families this weekend, and remember to get some great shots to remember those special moments by.
Do you have any simple photo taking tips that work really well?