Im just wondering i know its like a "name" brand .. but are the items really that great ? i was thinking of slowly buying me some new kitchen utensils .. what do yuns think ?

by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Replies (71-71):
deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I had the same problem with mine! The last time we tried it it mased the rim of the can so much we couldn't even get it open with a different can opener. I thought we were just hard on them we've gone through 2 normal ones and one electric since we got rid of the kitchen aid like 2 years ago.

Quoting anotherandree:

Yea, it's the handheld one.  Normal, nothing special.  However, it does not cut the lid which is the problem! :)

Quoting bwsmommy:

Is it one of the regular can openers with the metal disc that cuts the lid ?

Quoting anotherandree:

I have the Kitchenaid spatula (scraper), whisk, vegetable peeler, ice cream scoop, and can opener, as well as the big mixer.  Just as a side note, I have no idea how I have picked up such random items.  Anyhoo, the can opener SUCKS ASS.  This is the second one we have had and this one blows too.  We love everything else, which is why we gave the can opener a second chance.  We thought maybe we just got a bummer one when we bought the first, but this one sucks too.  Everything else I have had FOREVER (like my mixer), like 10 years and they still look brand new.  I got them in RED.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: