Man of Steel

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:06 AM
  • 35 Replies

We went to see Man of Steel tonight and I just wanted to warn you ladies that this movie is not appropriate for children. There were several small children there (in the area of 5 years old) that I worry are going to have nightmares.  

*SPOILER WRITTEN IN WHITE DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOILER* there is a scene where Superman is sinking into a sea of skulls. There was a kid screaming to leave but they didn't.

Even if your younger kid enjoyed The Avengers, Man of Steel is not the same type of movie it is much darker. It is more in the vein of the Dark Knight Trilogy in tone. Just wanted to give people a heads up.

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:08 AM

That's aweful the parents did not take the poor kid out

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Thank you...Im not big on movies.. dont even know what this  one is about

TattooedMomto4
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I think that most movies like this are better to be watched at home if parents can't get sitters. I have seen parents bring children under 4-5 years old to Quentin Tarintino movies and it's crazy.

mamivon2, Man of Steel is about Superman.

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I totally agree with you. 

Quoting TattooedMomto4:

I think that most movies like this are better to be watched at home if parents can't get sitters. I have seen parents bring children under 4-5 years old to Quentin Tarintino movies and it's crazy.

mamivon2, Man of Steel is about Superman.

Mami2oneboy
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I wouldn't take my son to see something like that, poor kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chillemi78
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I went and saw the special pre screening at 7 and there was a family with 3 kids that all looked to be under 6 years old in front of us. Not only was it a pg13 movie, the kids were obnoxious!
mereinhart28
by Michelle on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:41 AM

poor kid!

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM

There were at least 7 little kids in our screening. All sitting right down in front. There were several points where they were obviously scared , I felt really bad for them.

Quoting chillemi78:

I went and saw the special pre screening at 7 and there was a family with 3 kids that all looked to be under 6 years old in front of us. Not only was it a pg13 movie, the kids were obnoxious!

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM

thanks for the heads up my husband wants to go see it with the kids. 

alf2651
by Amanda on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up! DD likes superhero movies, but we usually screen them first before we let her see it.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: