Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you react?? Added a few infos

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 24 Replies

As some of you know Im friends with a neighbor who is a single father of 3 girls.. I have met the mother and was somewhat friends with her... Never really like her yet tried to be nice since kids were involved... I think after 4months she suddenly left taking the ca3m old baby with her.. (I guess to get FS and help) She went to SC to be with her drug/meth head lover.... Before that I got a rather ugly email from her.. basically saying, Im screwing her husband (which is NOT true), she can take me to court, Im f..ing around and screwing around,... well you get the point.. I read the email, laughed and deleted it and blocked her on FB.

I think all that happened abot 3 years ago or so.... Well big news.. He called me and told me she is back in town, wants to see the kids and be a "mother again" They still not divorced and idk if they ever will. (none of my business)

Well now here is the thing I kinda could use your alls help..

He told me she wants to apologize to me what she had said in that email...  So should I say.. ok forgiven, whatever, act I dont care, act like Im still mad.. quite frankly I really dont care about any of it..

advice.

Infos.. The staying away is not that easy.. The oldest is in school with my son they are friends, the middle child is one of my dds best friends, their uncle is the pastor of their church that my dd attends..  Im not mad nor was I ever mad at that woman..

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I would never speak to her again
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM

be honest with yourself & her.  if it still bugs you say so & see what she has to say.  if you could care less, have moved past it, then say so.  perhaps she is in recovery & one of the steps is confronting those you've hurt.  no matter your stance perhaps you should ler her make her "peace".

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Just tell her its water under the bridge... done. fresh start.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

oh she called her "husband" saying she is in rehab.. called him back a couple days after the first call. saying she never went to rehab but had a miscarriage.. (of course the m/c could be a lie too..) you never know with her.. wouldnt surprise me if she takes off with the kids one day

Quoting lizzig:

be honest with yourself & her.  if it still bugs you say so & see what she has to say.  if you could care less, have moved past it, then say so.  perhaps she is in recovery & one of the steps is confronting those you've hurt.  no matter your stance perhaps you should ler her make her "peace".

WeirdScience
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Distance yourself big time from all of them, husband and all. Move away and stop all communication, as if you never knew them. View their kids as potential trouble makers, because that's what they will be (or are). Spawn of trouble, to be trouble. Kids are parrots and will instigate more trouble from their trouble causing parents. Yes, kids are only copies of their parents. Just more toxicity, drama and damage. Distance before things get worse.
MamaMandee
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I would listen to what she had to say but that is just the type of person I am. Dosnt mean you have to be BFF or anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I would let her apologize

maxswolfsuit
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I wold let her apologize, but I wouldn't let her in my life. 

If you don't care why even consider still acting mad?

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM

No. Back away. This is her husband. Whatever she did to hurt him really has NOTHING to do with you. This is how crazy things happen. Stay away. She obviously doesn't trust/like you or wouldn't have sent the emails she did. Please stay away from these people.

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I wold let her apologize, but I wouldn't let her in my life. 

If you don't care why even consider still acting mad?

I think to the original OP's defense-she is open to meeting this crazy chick-but I advise to stay away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)