Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eat Your Vegetables Day

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

When : Always June 17th

Strategically created in the middle of National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month, this day is the perfect opportunity to re-introduce a healthy portion of vegetables into your diet. No doubt about it, Eat Your Vegetables Day was created to promote a more heallthy diet.......for life!

On this day, you are encouraged to eat vegetables for every meal, and for a snack. Better still, try to be a vegetarian....for the day. Short of that, any additonal vegetables at meal time today will honor the event, as well as make you a little healthier.

We encourage parents to let the kids help with dinner, preparing the salad and vegetables. Along the way, you tell your kids a little about the importance of vegetables for a long and healthy life.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM

well being a vegetarian i have no issues with eating my vegetables & as my son is an "almost vegetarian" he doesn't either.  it's my daughter & espcially my husband that has the issue with veggies.  hubby is the worse though!

MamaMandee
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM
We eat veggies everyday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Not an issue with me, since I'm a vegetarian,anyway.

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM

For those that are vegetarians-is it hard to get used to?I have thought about becoming one. I dont eat much meat now.

mereinhart28
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:03 AM
we eat veggies all the time :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)