Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher Gifts?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 17 Replies

Does anyone give gifts to the teacher?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I gave gifts to both of my dds' teachers. 

For teacher appreciation, I gave my ydd's teacher: a vase of tulips ( her fave) and a 3 lb bag of gummy bears ( her fave) and for her birthday, I made her 2 dozen chocolate truffle cupcakes

For teacher appreciation, I gave my odd's teacher 5 dozen quadruple chocolate chunk cookies...she got 3 dozen about 2 weeks later

End of the year gift: ydd's teacher- I made her a chocolate truffle cheesecake

odd's teacher- I made her a turtle cheesecake. 

They were very happy.. 

At Christmas, they each got a basket with ornaments the kids made for them, homemade bread, homemade chocolate covered popcorn, 4 dozen cookie dough truffles ( homemade), chocolate dipped candy canes and more..they were thrilled. ( I'm a former Pastry Chef so teachers love me. LOL) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM

cute ideas :) Thank you!

Quoting mcginnisc:

I gave gifts to both of my dds' teachers. 

For teacher appreciation, I gave my ydd's teacher: a vase of tulips ( her fave) and a 3 lb bag of gummy bears ( her fave) and for her birthday, I made her 2 dozen chocolate truffle cupcakes

For teacher appreciation, I gave my odd's teacher 5 dozen quadruple chocolate chunk cookies...she got 3 dozen about 2 weeks later

End of the year gift: ydd's teacher- I made her a chocolate truffle cheesecake

odd's teacher- I made her a turtle cheesecake. 

They were very happy.. 

At Christmas, they each got a basket with ornaments the kids made for them, homemade bread, homemade chocolate covered popcorn, 4 dozen cookie dough truffles ( homemade), chocolate dipped candy canes and more..they were thrilled. ( I'm a former Pastry Chef so teachers love me. LOL) 

frndlyfn
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM

We did at christmas but ran out of time for end of year gifts.

momkaribg
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Cute ideas
MethodMom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I used to teach in a school. My favorite gifts were gift cards. 

mommy2two25
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I gave each teacher (3 total.. Dd had 2 & ss had 1) a reusable cup with the straw.. Inside I filled it with different candy & a $10 Starbucks card. Something very simple & the kids could easily take it to school with them.
maxswolfsuit
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I do all the time. 

I make breakfast for them at Christmas and get them gift cards and little gifts on holidays. 

Any time I can let them know how much I appreciate them I do it. 

Hannahsmommy816
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM

at christmas time, candles and things like that

deedee3849
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM
This year I slacked. I was so busy the last week of school so I didn't end up doing what I normally do for the teachers. Just some flowers and bath n body works stuff.
SarahSuzyQ
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Yep. DS and I plant flower seeds for the teachers about 2 months before school gets out. I help him to paint and decorate pots, and we transplant the healthiest seedlings to be ready for the last day of school... We choose flowers that bloom over the summer, so it's something they can enjoy for a month or two.

We usually do this along with a gift card to Dunkin Donuts or someplace similar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)