Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when your kids say "MOMMY, I'm bored?"

Posted by   + Show Post

There may be a day or two this summer when your child says “MOMMY, I’m bored.” We want to know what your response will be. 

What outdoor activities and/or toys will you encourage your child to play with?  

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (171-177):
pendragon928
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM

There is always a list of chores just waiting to be done, it comes out when the bored word comes out, and bored quickly goes away.

Jules_
by Julie on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM

If mine are bored I offer to give them a chore.  It is amazing how fast they become un-bored!!  LOL

susannah2000
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I don't believe parents should be "entertainers on demand." If kid is bored, kid can find ways to entertain himself, playing outside, reading, drawing, toys, whatever.  Kids need to learn to think for themselves and not seeing parents as "the help."

Bonita131
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I say, here's the dishcloth, you can help with the dishes, or here's the toilet brush, you can clean the toilet, or you can help me fold the laundry, or sweep the floor, or take out the garbage etc. etc. That gets them finding an activity to keep them occupied really fast!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I give them chores to do...they usually find ways to occupy themselves.

Fishing, swimming, surfing.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I ask him if he wants to clean his room. He usually says I'm bored because he wants to play a video game or something like that. He has a room full of toys he can play with.

jen2150
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM
They never say it but if they did I would give them some ideas. They are very good at finding their own things to do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN