How do you create a summertime backyard oasis for your family?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM
  • 151 Replies
2 moms liked this

We gave moms a Kmart gift card and asked them to create a summertime backyard oasis for their family. Read what are moms bought and check out their pictures. 

Then, tell us how you like to create a summertime backyard oasis. 

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baquick
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I got a fire pit with mine! I LOVE it ;-)
Mom2Just1
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM
We bought an out door bowling set, bat mitten set, chairs, and table.
MamaSusieQ045
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

What we bought with our gift card! More pictures to come!
sanj1213
5 moms liked this

We boughta swimming pool and chair for ds. We went to a Kmart that's in the next town about 10-15 min. away so not too far. He's been having a blast!

sanj1213

Sorry. I don't know why my pics are always sideways. 

Kellileanne

Trying to decide what to get!

Ladybugmama86

We recieved our gift card and were so excited to get new chairs and check out what else we could get for our yard and made it a family trip. We got there and were super disapointed with the selection of outdoor equitment. We were going to get a new pool for the kiddos, but we wanted a large kiddie pool and the only size they had was smaller then the one we already had, we didnt find any fold up chairs that we were looking for... So we decided to get the kids some toys, we got a Billion Bubble Machine (the kids used it for the first time today and LOVED It!) some extra bubbles, some balls and a big bucket of chalk. Then we got a bunch of stuff for our garden, some seeds for veggies we are going to plant later this summer, hoses, and a few other things that we could use in our garden because we love to garden and being able to go out and pick what you want for dinner is amazing!

My husband was also not very happy that they have 15 registers and every time we go in there no matter how long the line is they only have one or two registers open. Over Christmas they had 3 open. We shop at K-Mart a lot, but the lack of customer service is off putting.

BabyName Ticker
mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I bought mostly stuff for the grill......a new grill basket for veggies, a silicone basting brush, some cedar planks, and a fish basket. I also bought a wind chime and a pretty lantern for my tiny back porch. I would have loved to find some outdoor toys for the kids, but space is limited and I already need to get rid of some of what we have just so there is space to play. I did get my youngest a float he can sit in and we took it to the neighborhood pool yesterday (his first time swimming and he loved it). And then I got him a sippy cup so he stays hydrated while he sits on my lap and watches his big brother and sister play outside.
Teeshann
3 moms liked this

i was having a hard time deciding what to buy at first. then when i saw this table and chairs set on sale on kmart online for an extra 10% off i couldn't resist. and then was pleasantly surprised to find out i had 40.00 in rewards points i could use so i had an extra 15.00 to spend. i used it to get some plates and cups to use outdoors and an umbrella stand.

i selected store pick up for the table. they had it set up in the store so i was able to take a look at it before i picked it up and was even more excited to get it home.

we have been loving our table. it was easy to put together. the chairs are comfy and it's the perfect size for our family. my kids have been asking to eat outside every day since we got it. i love having somewhere to sit and watch the kids play. our back yard doesn't get much shade so the umbrella has been wonderful.

the store pick up service was quick and they were very polite and helfpful. i enjoyed my shopping experience and plan to return.

AmberRose1122
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

All of this! Can you believe it?! Everything was on sale or it would've been much more. I browsed online and picked out the chairs, but we went to the actual store to buy them. We found a lot of other things we are going back for also :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: