Have you ever had to call 911?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
  • 373 Replies
2 moms liked this
I hope not but curious if you have and what for? Did they respond quickly?
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mznaye
by Jo on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Yes we had too call 911 a few times at my parents' home. The first time was when our oven caught on fire. The other two times were accidents in our front yard. Yes they came quick all three times

proudmommy690
Moving...Hate moving! But can't wait to!!
Yesterday at 3:26 PM
by Christa on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I haven't.
darcibeisheim
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:33 AM
A couple times.

Once because my son was very sick and vomiting lots of blood breathing problems. Luckily I work on my local Ems so they recognized my address and my boss was at my house in seconds.

We normally have a good response time if 3-5 minutes. But in an emergency minutes seems like hours.
BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:48 AM

yes

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Yes my dad was laying on the floor curled up shaking in pain. The hospital was a 45 minute drive.
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Yes..We were on the freeway and a girl was run off the road..They responded pretty quick..
angeldv
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Yep. Pulled up to a gas station and saw a man and woman fighting. Just watched at first as he tried to push her out of the car and yelled at her. Got my phone ready when he threw her stuff on the ground and locked the door as soon as she got out. Called when she kept yelling and he got out and slammed her head against the car several times making her bleed. They both went to jail for disturbing the peace, domestic assult, and possession of drugs. Two cops came after about 2 min. a third about 2 min later.

krystenfaithhh
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I had to call for my son a few months ago. He had a seizure(which are common for him), but he seemed to not be coming out of this one. There was an ambulance at my house in five minutes, but he was done with it by the time they got here.
ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I have a lifted pick up. Dd was about 18 months and jumped out of it in the store parking lot. I had turned my head to pull my purse onto my shoulder while she was in the back. Literally turned my head for 3 seconds. Anyways she ended up on the ground and she had a different cry and had did something similar to convulsions (I was in a panic by this point). I called 911 and the cop showed first. Ambulance was about 20min out of town but got there quickly and assessed her. Luckily everything was fine.
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Yes, I had a student who couldn't breathe during a fire drill, the nurse asked me to call 911.  It turned out it was a panic attack.  He was fine after he was transported to the hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: