Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Small house organization

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM
  • 36 Replies
What are your best organization tips?
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I would love some tips too so, bump!!  I live in a pretty small house, no idea of the square footage but, small!!

momkaribg
by Kari on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM
We are moving from a 3 bedroom split foyer with a garage and family room to a 4 bedroom with a detached garage with no family room so I want to make it as efficient as possible. I am trying to eliminate as much as possible but we still have alot of stuff to take and need to some organizational help lol

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I would love some tips too so, bump!!  I live in a pretty small house, no idea of the square footage but, small!!

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Yeah, we down graded too and still have crap everywhere, I need help!!

Quoting momkaribg:

We are moving from a 3 bedroom split foyer with a garage and family room to a 4 bedroom with a detached garage with no family room so I want to make it as efficient as possible. I am trying to eliminate as much as possible but we still have alot of stuff to take and need to some organizational help lol

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

momkaribg
by Kari on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I told my DH that I would like to throw it all away but I can't bring myself to do it.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I tend to be the one to toss things, my dh is the problem!  lol

Quoting momkaribg:

I told my DH that I would like to throw it all away but I can't bring myself to do it.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

chillemi78
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Freecycle. I try to keep a box handy and throw stuff in there and list every few days. I love knowing my stuff is not just going to the dumpster and someone else will get use out of it. And all I do is leave it on my porch.
momkaribg
by Kari on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM
My DH wants to keep alot to. My problem is throwing away stuff that someone else might be able to use. I have took a ton of stuff to our local pregnancy center and I gave a whole truck load of stuff to a woman having a yard sale to raise money for her cancer treatment.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I tend to be the one to toss things, my dh is the problem!  lol

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

momkaribg
by Kari on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I could do that. My problem is I never have time to meet people but I could definitely leave it on the porch.

Quoting chillemi78:

Freecycle. I try to keep a box handy and throw stuff in there and list every few days. I love knowing my stuff is not just going to the dumpster and someone else will get use out of it. And all I do is leave it on my porch.
SammiBaby
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I declutter. I constantly go through things. Papers, clothes, toys, closets, drawers, etc. Get rid of all the things that no longer get used or just no longer needed. I'm weird about clutter though so at least once a month I'm going through things sometimes more.

We live in a very small house and we've been getting by but the closer we get to next year the less I'm wanting to keep up with this dang small house because we are getting a bigger house next year.

momkaribg
by Kari on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I need to make a effort to do that at least once a month to. With 3 boys toys and clutter pile up quick.

Quoting SammiBaby:

I declutter. I constantly go through things. Papers, clothes, toys, closets, drawers, etc. Get rid of all the things that no longer get used or just no longer needed. I'm weird about clutter though so at least once a month I'm going through things sometimes more.

We live in a very small house and we've been getting by but the closer we get to next year the less I'm wanting to keep up with this dang small house because we are getting a bigger house next year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN