*sigh* I should have been more specific lol

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 33 Replies

Mobile Photo

I got home for being out from an hour of running errands. Dh was watching the kids so everything they owed was strewn across the living and most of dinner on the floor too. I asked te kids to help me clean. The baby helped me pick up the food, I passed toys to ds ( almost 4 in August but has autism and takes things very literal and can't figure out extra steps on his own) and told him who's room they go in. To me, I meant put them away in each room. He heard these in your room or your sisters. So he did lol. Dropped every item in the correct doorway and returned for more. My living room is spotless! I went to grab a blanket from the baby's room and just groaned. This is what I found.

Next time I need to remember to spell out all steps. *sigh* I always forget that. He wasnt't being a jerk and just not doing it, he did exactly what he thinks I said. Off to reclean again, I hate having to moved the same toys twice!
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lasombrs
by Sara on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Mobile Photo

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids do that lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

least he tried helping :)

Jessica79
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

aawww what a good helper... sorry you have to clean twice!

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM
My kids do that too. They're just lazy, they KNOW what I mean. They figure they'll just do it later, haha.
bether89
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

He did his best to help.

Juniper53098
by June on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids both do that (my 8 yr old Aspie and my 4 yr old NT child).

aidyns_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Why is everything so messed up after just an hour with Dh?.... Cite about your son, mine does stuff like that to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieCotter42
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM
My kids do this too. They understand how to clean up and put away or it gets thrown in their rooms or bed.
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:02 AM

A mom's job is never done.  It is a work in progress, I would have made your DH clean it up since he didn't stop them from putting some stuff away before taking out more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: