Group Home

Book Lovers Unite!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
So, like myself, I am sure there are a lot of books lovers in here.

Just thought we could have a little place to share what books we're currently reading, what they're about, offer suggestions to others on other good books to check out, etc.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SammiBaby
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:13 AM
I'll start us off with sharing my current read which is "Prodigy" which is the 2nd book in a trilogy. The first being "Legend". Both are very good. Not quite finished with this current one yet but very close. I suggest it to all who have ever had the pleasure of reading The Hunger Games and the Divergent series (another fabulous read as well). Similar in concept but much different in content. Heck I'll even say that I have enjoyed this series a bit more than Hunger Games especially this second one in comparison to the HG's second installment.
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:32 AM

I just started The Kingmaker's Daughter by Phillipa Gregory. I absolutely adore her books. They're historical fiction, so they have parts that are true, and she just fills in the details where history isn't sure. They're awesome reads.

Juniper53098
by June on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I'll have to check that book out!!  I love historical fiction.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I just started The Kingmaker's Daughter by Phillipa Gregory. I absolutely adore her books. They're historical fiction, so they have parts that are true, and she just fills in the details where history isn't sure. They're awesome reads.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I am reading the Sookie Stackhouse series.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM

i got hooked on dr who books back in march when i got a couple for my birthday.  there are a ton of them out there so that's pretty much all i've been reading these past 4 months.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Im currently reading"Im staying with my boys" the life of John Basilone... ww2 hero...

I also read "sea; of God" (its about becoming a navy seal), "Jarhead" I read "a heart and a fist" its about a guy who travels the world, tries to help the poor like in refugee camps and decides to become a navy seal,,,

Im still reading 3 cups of tea.. and gosh is that boring

my friend just gave me books from Dean Koontz and John Saul

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I want to read Confessions of a Sociopath. My friend just rented it from the library.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I also read "the book thief"

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Is it good so far?  I love her books.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM

"3 Cups of Tea" was the first book we read when my friends and I started a Book Club and it was so incredibly boring that it took us forever to read and we had to keep pushing back meetings because no one had finished it yet.  What he did was great and totally selfless, but by the end of the book I was not a fan of him and found him to be selfish in many of the decisions he made.

How is "I'm Staying With My Boys?"  I've been meaning to pick up a book about John Basilone for the longest time, but keep getting sidetracked.

Quoting mamivon2:

Im currently reading"Im staying with my boys" the life of John Basilone... ww2 hero...

I also read "sea; of God" (its about becoming a navy seal), "Jarhead" I read "a heart and a fist" its about a guy who travels the world, tries to help the poor like in refugee camps and decides to become a navy seal,,,

Im still reading 3 cups of tea.. and gosh is that boring

my friend just gave me books from Dean Koontz and John Saul

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci