Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Great Swimsuit Cover-ups Under $30

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

I'm going to type two words. Two words that give many a mom I know the heebie-jeebies. For whatever reason, these two words make many of us shift a little in our seats and take a deep sigh. You ready? Okay, let's do this together: swimsuit season. Okay, deep breaths. Deeeeeeep breaths.

Yes, I make this a bigger deal than it should be. We should all feel confident in our bodies, with our bodies, embrace the shape that we are...but I also know that sometimes, when hanging at the beach or pool, we like to cover up to head back to the car or go inside. Hence, we have two words that make us smile: swimsuit cover-up (one is hyphenated...does that count?). Forget the oversized t-shirt. There are plenty of great cover-ups for less than $30 that are chic and fabulous. As we are headed to California in a few days, I was on the lookout for my own cover-up. Here's a few I spotted that are perfecto, won't go out of style and won't break the bank.

This tunic from H&M is a little preppy and a lot comfy. Wear it as you make your way from the hotel pool to your room for that much-needed vacation nap or pair it with white jeans, a belt and a big chunky necklace as a fun outfit for afternoon drinks with your girlfriends. Only $24.95.

Here we have your tradition cover-up - a bit sheer, yet totally covered. Also from H&M, it comes in a style for everyone - white, zebra stripe, coral, florals, and, yes, black, which is what I purchased. Only $12.95

This tube maxi dress from Old Navy is so easy and so comfy, you may just live in it all summer, when you are wearing you suit and not. Again, comes in a bunch of colors to choose from. Only $29.50.

Maybe you want to show a little bit of your suit...that's where the sarong comes in. Fold it into a triangle and tie it at the hip and -- bam! -- you are covered. I found a bunch over at Amazon, any print, any color, any anything you want, they have. Ones like this one are only $16.99. 

This one is so cool, I just may have to get it to try. The swath of fabric has holes that you put one arm in and then the other to make your own cover-up dress. It is low in the back, but that adds a little bit of fun to it. Again, you can take your pick of colors. On Amazon for $19.99

Do you wear a bathing suit cover-up? What do you wear?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Viperagp

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2lilmamas
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I like 2 and 3
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I like 1 and 2

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM
love the black one
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I haven't really, but this year I think I should...I don't feel too great with my post pregnancy body. I like a few of these!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Thanks! I dont wear one as my suit has built in shots. Im running around so much I felt I need this type of suit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adams_Rib
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I like 2! 

momma-flynn
by Greta on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Those are cute. I need a new cover up this year. Mine went missing.
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I just wear my clothes

lizfnf
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I like the first one and the last one.  I wish there a was an H&M near me.  I may get the one from Amazon though!

lillucky8
by Jen on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I like the black one but i dont think that style top looks good on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)