looking back to your younger years

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 228 Replies
4 moms liked this

just out of high school or college, are you where you thought you'd be at by now?  has your life turned out as you envisioned or is it completely different?

i definitely am not where i saw myself & my life is nothing like i imagined!  i never saw myself as a mother or wife.  never saw myself living in georgia & definitely never saw myself as a lunch lady!  i wanted to be a photographer, traveling the globe.  my dream job was working for national geographic.   i wanted to see & experience different cultures, kinda a vagabond traveling the globe. 

the powers that be definitely had a different plan for me though & i am so glad they did.  i love my children & can't imagine not being their mother.  having my dream job i may have eventually met someone & had children but they wouldn't be the wonderful, perfect family i have now!

so while it sucked at the time having all those wrenches thrown in my plans i am so glad things happened as they did.  if they didn't i wouldn't be where i am today & that is just something i can't fathom!

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chillemi78
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this
After high school, I was headed off to college and swore I wasn't coming back to my small hometown. After college, I was ready to be ruled by my career and climb the corporate ladder.
A year after college, I had been dating my high school sweetheart after reuniting and moved back to my hometown. And I haven't worked full time since my son (who is almost 6) was a few months old. And I think my life is great!
mamivon2
by Sandra on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM

yes and no

I always wanted to live in the united states which I do but I dont work, never finished college (got pregnan, moved, bla bla...) 

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
No, not at all
BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm  a mommy and that was always in my plan and because I am sick I am very blessed to have my son.

I wish I actually finished college-I would apply and never finish. I'm starting classes in the fall if it all works out for me.  wish me luck :O)

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

good luck

Quoting BeachMommy07:

I'm  a mommy and that was always in my plan and because I am sick I am very blessed to have my son.

I wish I actually finished college-I would apply and never finish. I'm starting classes in the fall if it all works out for me.  wish me luck :O)

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM

It's never too late for college!

Quoting mamivon2:

yes and no

I always wanted to live in the united states which I do but I dont work, never finished college (got pregnan, moved, bla bla...) 

BeachMommy07
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Quoting chillemi78:

After high school, I was headed off to college and swore I wasn't coming back to my small hometown. After college, I was ready to be ruled by my career and climb the corporate ladder.
A year after college, I had been dating my high school sweetheart after reuniting and moved back to my hometown. And I haven't worked full time since my son (who is almost 6) was a few months old. And I think my life is great!

That's a cute love story. I know lots of girls I graduated high school with never left the town.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Quoting chillemi78:

That's a cute love story. I know lots of girls I graduated high school with never left the town.

i know many i went to school with didn't leave or if they did they didn't go far, next town over or so.  it's funny because those that stayed around were the ones that said the most they were getting out! ;o)

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Yes in that I have my own house and am married with kids but I did expect more from myself career-wise.

SierraLynn
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM
3 moms liked this

My life is nothing how I planned and I hate it. I love my kids and husband, but if I had the chance I would go back and change it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: