Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking back to your younger years

Posted by   + Show Post

just out of high school or college, are you where you thought you'd be at by now?  has your life turned out as you envisioned or is it completely different?

i definitely am not where i saw myself & my life is nothing like i imagined!  i never saw myself as a mother or wife.  never saw myself living in georgia & definitely never saw myself as a lunch lady!  i wanted to be a photographer, traveling the globe.  my dream job was working for national geographic.   i wanted to see & experience different cultures, kinda a vagabond traveling the globe. 

the powers that be definitely had a different plan for me though & i am so glad they did.  i love my children & can't imagine not being their mother.  having my dream job i may have eventually met someone & had children but they wouldn't be the wonderful, perfect family i have now!

so while it sucked at the time having all those wrenches thrown in my plans i am so glad things happened as they did.  if they didn't i wouldn't be where i am today & that is just something i can't fathom!

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Replies (221-228):
monicas3w
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM

nope, I took the road less traveled. But I love my life now and my beautiful children.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I'm pretty much exactly where I thought I would be...only 3 kids instead of 4.. But married to my high school sweetheart for 15 years, we own our home and have 3 kids and a cat. I'm a stay at home mom and he is a pastor. So pretty much wht I thought life would be other than a few bumps in the road...

army_wife124
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM

its beautiful here, im taking it as a long vacation before having to move back to Cali

Quoting lizzig:

hmm, hawaii isn't too shabby of a place to be stationed mama!

Quoting army_wife124:

I expected myself to be in college working on my teaching degree in California. Instead I'm an army wife and mother living in Hawaii. I know I can still go to college and I love my life and family

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I wanted to be married and have a family, that happened, but I thought I wanted a career at the same time, and didn't realize how much I would fall in love with my kids and want to be home with them full time. I was able to do that for awhile, then my husband became disabled and I became the bread winner, but in a completely different career. I had studied Journalism in college, intending to write about food for magazines or newspapers. I ended up owning a restaurant, going back to Culinary school and eventually teaching  there. My husband died, and I was a single mom until I met the second love of my life and quit working to stay home. Although there were difficult times along the way, I love the way my life turned out.

Moms_Angels1960
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:31 AM

No, while I am a wife and a Mom that's all I wanted to be and I am a working Mom I never wanted to be that.

I do have a nice home and family though.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 14, 2013 at 8:49 AM

No I sure didnt. I thought I would go to college and have a career.Never thought my life would be in such a mess

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM

cali isn't too shabby either! ;o)

Quoting army_wife124:

its beautiful here, im taking it as a long vacation before having to move back to Cali

Quoting lizzig:

hmm, hawaii isn't too shabby of a place to be stationed mama!

Quoting army_wife124:

I expected myself to be in college working on my teaching degree in California. Instead I'm an army wife and mother living in Hawaii. I know I can still go to college and I love my life and family

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM

sorry to hear that mama!

Quoting momofsixangels:

No I sure didnt. I thought I would go to college and have a career.Never thought my life would be in such a mess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN