Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since my oldest was diagnosed with Celiac Disease we haven't been able to make any recipe that uses Cream of _____ soup, because they all have friggin flour in them. ergh...

I did find some Gluten Free CoM soup awhile back but at $5 a can that wasn't happening. Yes I could have made it myself but the reason I use that stuff is in lazy recipes...it's not lazy if I have to make an ingredient from scratch.

Yesterday while grocery shopping I came across Cream of Chicken and Cream of Mushroom soup by Pacific Foods, it's in this  aseptic box instead of a can, totally gluten free! It's also free of any weird crap, AND it was $2 a box (equal to one can) WHOO HOO!!

Little things make me happy.

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Replies (31-35):
Kellileanne
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM

oooohhhhh, that may be an option!  Does it change the taste though?  And will it color fondant?

Quoting beadingmom17:

Beet juice makes a great dye for pink frosting!

Quoting Kellileanne:

I live in a small town, we have walmart and then smaller grocery stores.  They are just now breaking ground on a CVS. lol, but I found replacements for her favorites so that helped out a ton.  DD2s first birthday is coming up and I have to use white icing and only put the pink dye on her smash cake because I don't want her sister literally bouncing off the walls and unable to process anything.

Quoting beadingmom17:

My girls are both "allergic" to red dye...it's in friggin everything...so annoying. If you have a Trader Joe's near you, everything they carry is colored with natural colors...my kids are 6.5 and 5 and they just had licorice for the first time in their lives this past March when I found some at Trader Joe's!

Quoting Kellileanne:

So nice to find replacements for basics!  I had to cut out all red dye from dd1's diet.  It was a pain in the butt but I found yogurt and even fruit snacks without red dye!  I almost jumped up and down!

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope...and I have no idea. I think you'd have to concentrate it for fondant. You could also use pomegrate juice, too :)

Quoting Kellileanne:

oooohhhhh, that may be an option!  Does it change the taste though?  And will it color fondant?

Quoting beadingmom17:

Beet juice makes a great dye for pink frosting!

Quoting Kellileanne:

I live in a small town, we have walmart and then smaller grocery stores.  They are just now breaking ground on a CVS. lol, but I found replacements for her favorites so that helped out a ton.  DD2s first birthday is coming up and I have to use white icing and only put the pink dye on her smash cake because I don't want her sister literally bouncing off the walls and unable to process anything.

Quoting beadingmom17:

My girls are both "allergic" to red dye...it's in friggin everything...so annoying. If you have a Trader Joe's near you, everything they carry is colored with natural colors...my kids are 6.5 and 5 and they just had licorice for the first time in their lives this past March when I found some at Trader Joe's!

Quoting Kellileanne:

So nice to find replacements for basics!  I had to cut out all red dye from dd1's diet.  It was a pain in the butt but I found yogurt and even fruit snacks without red dye!  I almost jumped up and down!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Pacific also makes one of the nicest chicken stocks, with something like 73gm of sodium (against the rather-more-usual 'reduced' sodium load of 550mg/serving!)

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Aww, that's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Yay!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN