How to explain reasons for wanting to move?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM
  • 8 Replies
In the past, I had to move to a different state (state 2) to find work when I experienced long term unemployment where I'm currently at (state 1). Last time in state 1, before moving to state 2, I applied online & on my two feet, while networking and being involved with unemployment agencies and career services. Among all the mock interviews and enhancing my resume, I remained unemployed. I had creditors calling me and dinging my credit constantly. The issue became too much to handle that I gave up, packed and moved to state 2, where I was hired only a week and a half upon arriving. I stayed and worked in state 2 until I experienced a car accident in a return visit to state 1, that was meant to be only a short stay for paperwork. I decided to stay in state 1 so that I could be close to people I knew, instead of being extremely cautious of being alone. I eventually got a job in state 1 with the work reference from state 2. The work experience in state 1 was terrible, that I didn't last beyond 2.5 months. Now, I'm facing frustration in state 1 that I'm not hearing from another job that I applied for. When venting my frustrations, my guy said that I must try harder, and keep applying at more places. My response was that I've been through this before, which landed me in long term unemployment. I said that I just can't thrive in this.area (state 1). Now, because of my bad experiences, I spend more time contemplating my move back to state 2, than to find a job in state 1.

Q; Being as much debt that I'm in (that I returned in a better financial standing with one debt paid), how can I explain this issue that if I don't move, that money troubles are going to destroy my relationship to my guy anyway? And, getting hired and the job experience is much better in state 2? ( that jobs are much more accommodating)?

Thanks in advance
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lilblu399
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:28 AM
3 moms liked this
What guy with any sense would want to struggle? If you're having money issues and he doesn't want you to better yourself, leave him in state 1 and you move on to state 2. Tell him, "There's nothing much here for me with employment (which is true) and I need to go where there's better employment opportunities."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that your guy isn't being more understanding. It sounds like he doesn't want you to move away, but you want to move because of your financial situation. You have tried to explain that to him, but he isn't getting it. You have to do what is best for you and your family, so I would just tell him that you have decided to move back to state 2, unless he is going to financially support you or something (not that you are asking or anything). If he can't understand that, then maybe this relationship wasn't meant to be.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I always want to give you a big hug! Sorry to hear there in yet another bump in your road.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

So sorry you have to deal with this. Hope he can see your reasoning.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

this

Quoting lilblu399:

What guy with any sense would want to struggle? If you're having money issues and he doesn't want you to better yourself, leave him in state 1 and you move on to state 2. Tell him, "There's nothing much here for me with employment (which is true) and I need to go where there's better employment opportunities."

WeirdScience
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Quoting aterminas:

In these times securing your finances can be a difficult task. The only way I see is shifting businesses online and growing your lists. With internet reaching more than 2 billion users and $8 Trillion in monetary terms it's hard to resist a piece of that pie. A year ago I was in a very different situation, but somehow got hooked by the idea to work from home. I love alternatives as traditional businesses drive me nuts with the hierarchy and politics. You just got to love what you do and if that's based online - even better! http://needacareerchange.com

Thanks you. But, with the amounts that I owe, a business venture is too risky. I need a job-job. At this point, I'd rather work two full time jobs with guaranteed pay than to partake in a venture.

Thanks again
Juniper53098
by June on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!!

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM
That is tough. For me, it would also depend on the committment level drom him in the relationship. I moved many states away for work and had to sell my home, move away from family, and break up with a long term boyfriend. He was not very understanding and funny that it was the best decision I ever made.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: