Ever need a break?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 20 Replies
My son is such an amazing guy. He is almost 4 and he is a great helper , an only child, and the sweetest most calm kiddo ever. He isnt one of those hyper types. I am so blessed to have him.

Unfortunately he has been driving me nuts these past couple days and I feel terrible about it. He is just being a three year old and needs a little extra attention ( on his terms recently ). I need a break... just a couple hours...

Am I alone? What do you do when this happens?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope not alone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM

you are not alone. is there maybe an hourly daycare around you.. we have one where you can drop off your child by the hour.. like if you want to get your shopping done..

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes and I have 6 daughter's...My greatest joy was when my 1st one turned 12..She babysat for us...And I get alot of time to myself..My 16 year old takes all of them to the park..But she does get her turn as well..She gets to go to the park movies with her friends and spend the night at friends' houses...I taught them you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours..

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Yes I have that alot especially with school being out.  She is 7 now and usually i get my breaks when she is in school or people come in from out of town.  

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I think we all know how you feel.

I get my breaks when they are in bed or playing nicely.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I am there!! The kids have been fighting so much and have so much attitude lately

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a family member that you can leave him with so you can have some time to yourself? If not, maybe he can spend a couple of hourse at a day care center. I feel your pain. I know what it is like to just need a break. Enjoy yourself without feeling guilty. Go to lunch with a friend or to a movie or just take a nap or curl up with a good book.

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
bluegrassmom13
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I think everyone needs a little break every now and then.
KW1280
by Todah on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I love this

Quoting lil_mama06:

Yes and I have 6 daughter's...My greatest joy was when my 1st one turned 12..She babysat for us...And I get alot of time to myself..My 16 year old takes all of them to the park..But she does get her turn as well..She gets to go to the park movies with her friends and spend the night at friends' houses...I taught them you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours..

KW1280
by Todah on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes and I get me time when hubby gets home and on the days I work he goes with me and hubby will pick him up when he gets off. I also have an 18 y/o who will babysit and she gets gas money. I dont know where you are but look up mommy's day out programs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: