For those who are done having babies. Did you

Did you have your tubes tied? Did your DH have a vasectomy?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
LNLMommy
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I'm pregnant with our last baby and will most likely be having my tubes tied when this baby is born. I have had 4 kids in 5 years. My body is done.

same here! I just had a baby May 2012. This makes #6 for us..#4 for me biologically. I'm a little weary of getting my tubes tied but my body has had enough!

DanaG70
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I got the Essure procedure done.

Bookwormy
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM
8 moms liked this
Lesbian, so easy.
thea11101981
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I had my box taken out
ruth85
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I had my tubes cut,

My last child was a c section so while the dr  was already in there he cut out my tubes and sewed the ends shut.  My husband watched him do it.  If, however,  it hadnt been for the c section, my husband would have gotten snipped because it is much less invasive and easier to do....even though he was not exactly loving the idea.

Angel_Red7
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Going to try in the close future for our third baby. I then want my tubes tied. Is there anyone that had a vaginal birth and had their tubes tied? What is the process? 

dandylynes
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I got my tubes tied.

TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM
When my dad got one YEARS ago my mom said it was only a in office copay so like $20. But when dh called around last year they said we would have to pay the $500 deductible with our insurance. He hasn't checked recently but maybe I'll have him call around again.

Quoting shymomof4:

Have you checked into the price lately?  My BIL recently had a vasectomy.  My sister told me they were worried about the cost and were about to cancel it at the last minute but they called the insurance company or dr's office to see exactley what they had to pay and under obamacare they didn't have to pay anything other than the $20 copay.  I have very little knowledge on this topic but I just thought I would share what I heard. 

Quoting TristanMitchael:

We (I) really want dh to get a vasectomy we just haven't been able to afford the $500 it'll cost yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dandylynes
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I had my tubes tied the day after my vaginal birth.  They went in through my belly button.  It was a pretty simple procedure and I went home with the baby later that day.  I'm not sure how it would work out if you are planning on breast feeding.

Quoting Angel_Red7:

Going to try in the close future for our third baby. I then want my tubes tied. Is there anyone that had a vaginal birth and had their tubes tied? What is the process? 

musicNcaffeine
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I got essure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: