Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD- Repair man?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 23 Replies

How would you respond to a cable repair man who did the following things while in your home. 

1. Says, "I don't know what's up today. Every house has kids. I barely even like my own."  Then a few minutes later, "Wow, boys are alot harder to handle than girls. I can't handle all this." And yes the boys were playing and running around in the other room. I put them in the bedroom to watch TV but the two year came out after about a half hour. He told me he seems really hyper. 
  2. Pushes my dog off him and says, "Just get off me!" The dog wasn't jumping or anything, just smelling his leg. I put him up when he got there, but the 20 minute job ended up taking over 90 minutes so they dog ended up getting out. 
  3. I needed a new router for the WiFi because I had some issues with it. I don't know the password for it because I hadn't needed it for years. He asked me repeatedly if I'd tried to figure it out, then asked if I had it written down. Obviously I didn't or I wouldn't need it reset. When I reminded him that it had been years since I had it he told me most people file stuff like that. When he wrote the new password down he suggested several places where I could file it so this wouldn't happen again. 
  4. He made a call about another job and stood in my living room for 10 minutes talking about an issue from the last call he made. He complained out the customer being a pain and said the full address right with me in the room. 
  5. He said, "God Damn!" when he couldn't get something to work. I am pretty sure there were a couple of F bombs under his breath as well. 

So what would you do about this?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM

blank stare 

WOW. Sounds like a jerk! Sounds like his customer service skills need some work. I would call the company about him.

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM
What a jerk, I would complain just because he should keep his opinions to himself and just do his job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM

He was very rude and unprofessional.I would report him

aubsmom09
by Erin on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Yikes!  I would chat to his boss about all of this.  Very unprofessional!

alf2651
by Amanda on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I would definitely call and complain.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

KW1280
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM
This

Quoting momofsixangels:

He was very rude and unprofessional.I would report him

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I no longer have cable,  but when I did the cable man here had dragged *mud* all throughout the house (didn't wipe down his work boots on the outside mat nor inside mat and then drilled the hole into the wall incorrectly, left dust all over the floor didn't clean nothing up and then he got his muddy boots all over my carpet it was  so destroyed I had to throw it out and he got mud/snow on my son's comforter. We got a $50.00 credit to our bill. I was pissed! 

so my advise to you is to call the cable company report his obnoxious behaviour and get a discount or free month of cable.

MamaMandee
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I would report him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:57 AM

I'd call the company and complain. That was SERIOUSLY unprofessional.

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Report him and have it logged not to send him to your home again due to inappropriate behavior.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN