Group Home

I need fashion help big time. :/

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 61 Replies
I'll post the two photos I have so far in the replies. Sorry they are mirror pics its all I could do and the only mirror we have which sucks since its two and there is a big line in the middle.

So anyway! My cousin is getting married next Saturday at 5 pm. She said its smart casual ( whatever the heck that means) and no costumes. Which was my original plan lol. Her wedding is Star Wars themed. I kid you not, invites, save the date card everything!

So I don't do fancy clothes. I have non really. I have one pair of black high heels a nice CMer in another group got me for Christmas and I have worn them once. I think I look pregnant in the first dress and I'm not :/ and not sure the second choice is good either.

I have black dress pants from when I sold cars, not sure if the top could go with those but not sure I am a heels and pants person. My only other shoes are black steel toe workboots or flip flops.

I can spend maybe like $20 for clothes to go but it's gonna cost me about $80 in gas to drive there and back so I am trying to keep extra costs down :/

So yeah, any ideas for a fashion hating Tom boy with zero style?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Dress
lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Mobile Photo

Skirt and top. The skirt has a rose thingy on the left hip if you can't see it in the pic.
lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Mobile Photo

Are any if these tops better or fancy enough? This skirt is my only other one. Is all black bad for a wedding? I hate clothes!!!!!!!!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I like the top&skirt but not together! The tank would be cute with a less frilly skirt!

Quoting lasombrs:

Mobile Photo

Skirt and top. The skirt has a rose thingy on the left hip if you can't see it in the pic.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a smart casual look

Juniper53098
by June on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I agree.  The top is beautiful, but it does NOT work with that skirt.  Maybe wear it with the black dress pants?

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I like the top&skirt but not together! The tank would be cute with a less frilly skirt!

Quoting lasombrs:

Mobile Photo

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM

And a cardigan!

Quoting Juniper53098:

I agree.  The top is beautiful, but it does NOT work with that skirt.  Maybe wear it with the black dress pants?

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting lasombrs:

Mobile Photo

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.