Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need fashion help big time. :/

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 61 Replies
I'll post the two photos I have so far in the replies. Sorry they are mirror pics its all I could do and the only mirror we have which sucks since its two and there is a big line in the middle.

So anyway! My cousin is getting married next Saturday at 5 pm. She said its smart casual ( whatever the heck that means) and no costumes. Which was my original plan lol. Her wedding is Star Wars themed. I kid you not, invites, save the date card everything!

So I don't do fancy clothes. I have non really. I have one pair of black high heels a nice CMer in another group got me for Christmas and I have worn them once. I think I look pregnant in the first dress and I'm not :/ and not sure the second choice is good either.

I have black dress pants from when I sold cars, not sure if the top could go with those but not sure I am a heels and pants person. My only other shoes are black steel toe workboots or flip flops.

I can spend maybe like $20 for clothes to go but it's gonna cost me about $80 in gas to drive there and back so I am trying to keep extra costs down :/

So yeah, any ideas for a fashion hating Tom boy with zero style?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Dress
lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Mobile Photo

Skirt and top. The skirt has a rose thingy on the left hip if you can't see it in the pic.
lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Mobile Photo

Are any if these tops better or fancy enough? This skirt is my only other one. Is all black bad for a wedding? I hate clothes!!!!!!!!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I like the top&skirt but not together! The tank would be cute with a less frilly skirt!

Quoting lasombrs:

Mobile Photo

Skirt and top. The skirt has a rose thingy on the left hip if you can't see it in the pic.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a smart casual look

Juniper53098
by June on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I agree.  The top is beautiful, but it does NOT work with that skirt.  Maybe wear it with the black dress pants?

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I like the top&skirt but not together! The tank would be cute with a less frilly skirt!

Quoting lasombrs:

Mobile Photo

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM

And a cardigan!

Quoting Juniper53098:

I agree.  The top is beautiful, but it does NOT work with that skirt.  Maybe wear it with the black dress pants?

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting lasombrs:

Mobile Photo

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)