Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really? You want what???

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

My bil offered to take his  mom (my mil)  out for lunch. She is old and also on a tight budget.. So he asked her where she likes to go.. thinking places like Ruby Tuesday, or Apple bees... Her request was: oh just take me to BK and I want a plain hamburger I have a tomato at home I can cut up and put on...

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Some old people are just set in their ways. We would ask my grandfather what restaurant he wanted to go to for dinner and he'd say KFC or Arby's. we were all like what sit down restaurant not fast food! He'd be like oh just get me something and bring it back. You all go wherever you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Yes thats her

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Some old people are just set in their ways. We would ask my grandfather what restaurant he wanted to go to for dinner and he'd say KFC or Arby's. we were all like what sit down restaurant not fast food! He'd be like oh just get me something and bring it back. You all go wherever you want.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM

awww. sounds like something my grandmom would say...

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Poor gal.. :( I would tell her no gramma we are going some place nice for you to enjoy :) 

MamaMandee
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Bless her heart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teesoloca
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:00 AM

awww, she's thoughtful of others, but she needs to enjoy herself too :)

maybe one day she'll surprise you and say Olive Garden or something...LOL

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM

My once worked at an Assisted Living facility-a really nice one, as a chef, right after he got out of Culinary School, and he was scared because he was told that if a resident had a special request, he was to make it for them, even if he had to send someone out for supplies. I told him not to worry, he had good training, and if they requested something he didn't know how to make, to just call me. He called me the next day and said he got his first special request. I said that's ok, I'll walk you through it. He said, "I think I can handle this one...it's for grilled cheese sandwich and Campbell's tomato soup!" lol And his special requests were all similar to that, something comforting., but simple.

Tigress22304
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM

my grandmother was the same way-but she didnt want us to spend a lot of money feeding her-she thought fast food was cheaper/better

ScrChk23
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Whatever works for her.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Awww....so sweet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN