Ice cream man...

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 27 Replies

Do you have one in your area? Do you let your kids buy treats?

For some reason, I just always think they are so creepy.  Like how some people view clowns.

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:24 PM

yes we have several, and the kids get stuff from them on occasion, just like I did as a kid.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Im not sure if we do or not havent seen one
mamivon2
by Sandra on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM

yes he lives like 2 houses down.. very nice...

Jules_
by Julie on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM
He doesn't come by often, but we do buy from him on occasion
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:41 PM

We have one and I am weirded out too.  We have never bought anything.

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM

We do not have one down our street but they are in the area. A friend of mine has one go past her house daily and those things are a rip off! $5 an icecream....and yeah, some are creepy.

PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Nope. They are not allowed in our neighborhood
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chillemi78
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
We do have one, two actually. They followed each other into our neighborhood the other day,lol. I have a few dollars on a shelf above where we keep our shoes so we can grab it quick and run after him when we hear the music. The one watches his baby grandson and had is van front seat turned around so the baby could be rear facing while riding with him. Its really cute!
shymomof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM

There is a mom and daughter that drive an ice cream truck through my neighborhood.  They are really nice.  We buy something maybe once a month.  It is kinda expensive.  For 4 icecreams it is like $8 or $9 depending on what they get.  I could buy a couple of boxes for that at the grocery store.  We are use to living out in the country and not having an ice crem truck come by.  We have only lived in the city a little over a year.  

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM

That is really cool.  I would totally let my kids go out and buy it if it was a mom and daughter.  I swear we only have creepy old men here lol

Quoting shymomof4:

There is a mom and daughter that drive an ice cream truck through my neighborhood.  They are really nice.  We buy something maybe once a month.  It is kinda expensive.  For 4 icecreams it is like $8 or $9 depending on what they get.  I could buy a couple of boxes for that at the grocery store.  We are use to living out in the country and not having an ice crem truck come by.  We have only lived in the city a little over a year.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: