Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you shop..

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
  • 23 Replies

do you always bump into weirdos? Before you laugh at this let me continue:

I have a illness, so for me to leave the house it's like excitement for me. lol. The store is like woo hoo time. Anyway, today I had to get the sales associate to call security. There was a man in the juniors department who *didn't* belong there. He was skittish. He didn't have his daughter with him, nor wife or spouse. He was darting his eyes all over the room. He was constantly looking around. He wasn't dressed for the area I was in (kinda upscale) he was in the ladies department!! Not looking at clothes either just watching the surroundings. I bolted out of there so fast and reported him!

A month ago I was with my mother at the store and she caught a man taking pictures with his cell phone of me. She reported to the security and when the man saw the security team approaching he disappeared into the bathroom for a looooong time. Freak.

This has happened all of my life. I seem to be a freak magnet. Thought you girls would get a laugh out of this!!

bouncing

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM
The first incident doesn't sound that off to me.
BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

I should have been more clear. He was scary to look at. I'm not upscale at all, this man just didn't *belong* there like he was up to no good. 

MommieCotter42
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM
What if he was security? I remember working retail and the security Walk around watching people and I don't know if it was because I knew what they were doing but the always liked it of place and creepy.
A.J.s_mommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Still not seeing it...sorry its probably one of those "had to be there" type of things.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

I should have been more clear. He was scary to look at. I'm not upscale at all, this man just didn't *belong* there like he was up to no good. 

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM

The sales associate was freaked out too after she saw him, so no he wasn't security. The security at this place they look like cops. But good suggestion :)

Quoting MommieCotter42:

What if he was security? I remember working retail and the security Walk around watching people and I don't know if it was because I knew what they were doing but the always liked it of place and creepy.

LindaClement
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You have all the luck. My shopping is usually dead boring.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM

yes, you had to be there. 

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Still not seeing it...sorry its probably one of those "had to be there" type of things.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

mackiebugsmom
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Lol. I don't usually run into freaks thankfully..
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM

That is so creepy, Julie. I would have reported him too!

I had fun at Walmart the 3rd of July, but no creepy guys. David and I had to return an item and exchange one. So after that we went to go buy him a new shirt and pjs for summer. I went to go check out, because I wanted to do food shopping on another card (another transaction). Then we went to go get a shopping cart from the front and walked all the way back to the chip and beverage aisle. Well, half way there this cart starts squeaking something fierce, it was awful! David was standing on the bar in the front of the cart and holding onto the handle (like he always does) and I was thinking that maybe it will get better if he gets off of it, but no, it just sounds worse! So not wanting to go all the way back to the front of the store, I am making comments like "anyone got a can of oil?" (to make light of the situation) when the other shoppers are turning around to stare and give me dirty looks. So finally I gave up when one of them said "that shopping cart has got to go!" and left it on the chip aisle to go get a replacement one. I sure as heck was not going to take that shopping cart all the way back to the front of the store. I figure that one of their employees can deal with it and hope that they have enough common sense to do something to fix the problem after they are embarrassed by it. If not, oh well. LOL

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM

From your description he sounded pretty shifty to me.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

yes, you had to be there. 

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)