Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Shopping: Big Bargain Time

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 45 Replies

Right about now, in the middle of July, you will notice something wonderful if you are out shopping for clothes: Even though it's still super hot and smack in the middle of summer, most summer clothes are either on sale or about to go on sale, giving you the opportunity to save a whole bundle of cash on anything from kid's swimsuits and shorts to fun sun dresses or hats for you, or some nice short sleeved shirts or new gear for your hubby. From sandals to sand toys, every is starting to fly off the shelves because if you have not already taken some time off this summer, chances are you are right about to, if you're going to do it at all this season. Before you know it, August will be here and it's time to start thinking about back to school time, for retailers at least. And that's a whole different ball game.

So make a smart shopping list now, maybe even think ahead to your next sun-filled destination or vacation, or even plan for your kid's needs NEXT spring and summer, and see what great sales you can find to save yourself and your family a whole bundle of cash on warm weather clothes this month.

Just this past week, I've seen amazing sales (like 40 to 70 percent OFF!) in stores all around my city and in the suburbs around us at larger malls when I was visiting family nearby last weekend. And what was really exciting was the sales were on hot new styles which probably just came out like 6 weeks ago. So go ahead and revamp your summer look right now, because it's big bargain time on summer styles! Woo hoo!

Which summer items are you excited to find on sale this month?

© iStockphoto.com/thumb

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I know right? I love this!!

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:41 AM

I have bought some summer clothes already at a great discount. 

lillucky8
by Jen on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Ive seen the sales for weeks, i scored my son a ton of summer clothes for very little
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mereinhart28
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I love the sales. I just got a ton of clothes for my kids for next to nothing, between the clearance sales, and coupons for $ off we scored big time :)

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM

i may stock up on some clothes for my son, my daughter's at that point where i really can't do that with her. :-(

fraujones
by Amanda on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Sandals. I can never have too many sandals!

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Sand toys
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I just bought 2 outdoor chairs, 2 tables and a grill gazebo all on sale.

I also bought 3 shirts and a skirt, total cost was under $12.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:18 AM

We have summer almost year round where I live, but when we travel in summer we always check the clearance sales and are able to get some really good buys. We visited outlet malls when we were in Pa and got some good deals.

childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:37 AM

It's summer weather here for almost the whole year (Texas) but I love the sales on toddler clothing and sandals for me. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN