Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had one wish to make your life easier what would that be?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 181 Replies

This isn't about money, it's not about health, it's about that one task in your day or week that you wish someone else could help you do or get done for you?  May be together we can come up with tips or ideas on how that one thing could be made easier.

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Cleaning plain and simple..I'd rather be in my garden or crafting than cleaning any day...

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

cleaning.  it's hard to keep on top of it with two active kids & a job.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Snap of the finger to clean
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

cleaning house. i would want a maid.

Mznaye
by Jo on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM
7 moms liked this
Emotional support would make things easier
Mamaof2010
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Get my house remodled from the fire we had
Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM

cleaning!!!

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I'd have to agree with the others about cleaning...or keeping the house clean with the kids and all
pkrengel
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Here are a some thoughts to make that cleaning easier:

Don't do it in one day consider breaking it down and accomplish it over the week.  That way it won't seem so overwhelming as a one day clean.

I have a friend who places huge baskets on the stairs as well as in the kids room.  The kids will help by always using the baskets and placing items in there after playing with them.  You can have one for clothes and one for toys.  It will eventually become a habit for them.

Play your favorite music while cleaning somehow it will put you in a better mood and you'll find yourself dancing a little while cleaning.

Encourage the kids and husband to participate.  Write all of the tasks on a paper put them in the jar and let everyone draw what they will do for that day.  After it's done do something very fun as a treat for getting it done.

If it's a timing issue consider hiring a maid just have them do bathrooms OR the kitchen ONLY that will seem like it lightens the load of cleaning.  They will negotiate to do that one job every week or every other week.  Consider looking for one person who does cleaning rather than a service.  Ask neighbors if they know of anyone.  And be sure to get a background check, references or make sure they are bonded if you go this route.

Any other ideas or tips?

pkrengel
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM

So sorry to hear about the fire @ Mamaof2010. This time can't be easy.  Is everyone ok?  If yes that is something to hold on to, everything else is material and will come together.  Is the Insurance company helping and have you received your money yet? Are you in need of a contractor?  Have you considered looking on Angie's list?  We have always had luck in finding reliable services when using that website.  You can always ask neighbors as well especially if you have seen them doing some remodeling.

Anyone else have any ideas or thoughts or have been through this that can offer advice?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN