Smarter Celebrations: Yum! July is Ice Cream Month

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 42 Replies

Kiddo is a sweets gal. She loves cupcakes, birthday cake, treats of any sort...but I think that her favorite dessert, the one she may forgo others to have, would be vanilla ice cream. With sprinkles. Rainbow sprinkles. So, when I informed her that July, the month we are in, is Ice Cream Month, you can bet she did a little happy dance and asked if that meant she was getting ice cream every day in said month (my reply was an N-O...though I like her moxy).

Yes, spread the word that it is, indeed, Ice Cream Month. While you are scooping up a few cones for the brood, you have to have something to chat about...so here we go: ice cream fun facts!

-- Americans eat more ice cream than the inhabitants of any other country.

-- Alexander the Great was known to love an ice-snow-honey concoction that some say could have been the first ice cream.

-- To be officially called ice cream, the ice cream must have at least 10% milk fat.

-- If you want to make ice cream at home, the main ingredient you need? Rock salt. Why? The salt lowers the temperature of its surroundings, so makes it possible for the ingredients to freeze.

-- How many licks of an ice cream cone does it take to finish it (we're talking single-scoop here)? 50! Who would love to take part in that study, huh? Test that theory, and have everyone in the family count and see how many it takes them.

Another bit of ice cream fun: check out PositiveMed, which has an infographic that details what your ice cream flavor choice says about you. I'm a plain vanilla gal - the rock, traditional, classic.

What about you? What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Click over to the graphic and share what it says about you (and let us know if it is right).

ŠiStockphoto.com/ perkmeup                     

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:01 AM

My favorite ice cream flavor is cake batter! Just can't get enough of it!

Does sherbert count too though? Cause then I would vote for blood orange.

Jemia
by Shekella on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:22 AM
My favorite is butter pecan, mint chocolate chip & strawberry.
mereinhart28
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:03 AM

LOVE ice cream!!! My favorite is probably mint chocolate chip or just plain chocolate ;)

powow65
by kimmy on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Vanilla & black raspberry! Both my favorite icecream
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:59 AM

hubby has to have icecream or some sort of frozen treat in the freezer at all times, even in the winter.  lately he's on a fresh fruit pop kick, thankfully, much more healthier.

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Peanut Butter cup! I bought an ice creammaker and though I'm not a huge fan of ice cream I do enjoy it in the summer. The rest of my family LOVES it!

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I love cake batter ice cream with graham cracker pie crust! Mmmm!

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I love Mint Chocolate Chip from Baskin Robbins or Breyers.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Quoting Jemia:

My favorite is butter pecan, mint chocolate chip & strawberry.

Dh's favorite is butter pecan.

childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I love ice cream. My favorite flavor is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: