Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer vacations

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 24 Replies

Do you have specific places you go to for a summer vacation? If so, where? Have you/are you going anywhere this summer?

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM

sadly we've never been on a vacation any time of year.  we've only done trips to visit family, which definitely isn't a vacation.

the kids & i may go down to savannah in a few weeks for a long weekend.  one of my sisters & her family will be down there & we may join them.  hubby won't be able to go but it'll be the first vacation we've had & the first time the kids have ever seen the beach & ocean.

Tigress22304
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM

beach!! toes in the water ass in the sand kids screaming and chasing sea gulls hubby bitching he's getting burnt

omg can NOT wait!!!

EbonySnow
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM

never been on vacay

aubsmom09
by Erin on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM

We always go to the family cabin.  We have been once so far this summer, but I think we will go at least one other time. 

I always do a girls' vacation to Park City, Utah.  We do that in June every year.

lapcounter
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
We've been to a couple places already this year, we are taking an extended family vacation in three weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM

We just got back from a month long road trip. DD wanted to see Alcatraz, so we took about a week to get to San Francisco. We saw a bunch of National Parks along the way, did some camping, hiking and saw a bunch of caves. From SF we worked our way down to Los Angeles to visit my 93 yr. old great uncle. DH left to go back home at the 2 week mark.
Then we went through Southern Arizona to Tucson, to visit a distant cousin, Tombstone, because I'm a history geek, through Las Cruces, played on the dunes at White Sands NM, Santa Fe, then finally home to Denver.

I need a vacation to rest up from my vacation.

wandep
Feeling excited for the New Year! :)
Yesterday at 7:03 PM
by Pam on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:44 PM

This year we went to Disney World for 4 times and spent a week at the beach with my family.

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Wow! Nice!

Quoting wandep:

This year we went to Disney World for 4 times and spent a week at the beach with my family.

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Sounds like a fun and adventurous trip! :)

Quoting balagan_imma:

We just got back from a month long road trip. DD wanted to see Alcatraz, so we took about a week to get to San Francisco. We saw a bunch of National Parks along the way, did some camping, hiking and saw a bunch of caves. From SF we worked our way down to Los Angeles to visit my 93 yr. old great uncle. DH left to go back home at the 2 week mark.
Then we went through Southern Arizona to Tucson, to visit a distant cousin, Tombstone, because I'm a history geek, through Las Cruces, played on the dunes at White Sands NM, Santa Fe, then finally home to Denver.

I need a vacation to rest up from my vacation.

wandep
Feeling excited for the New Year! :)
Yesterday at 7:03 PM
by Pam on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks it was. We did their special Florida residence package they had for DW. :) The kids had a blast.

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Wow! Nice!

Quoting wandep:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN