Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer vacations

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 24 Replies

Do you have specific places you go to for a summer vacation? If so, where? Have you/are you going anywhere this summer?

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM

sadly we've never been on a vacation any time of year.  we've only done trips to visit family, which definitely isn't a vacation.

the kids & i may go down to savannah in a few weeks for a long weekend.  one of my sisters & her family will be down there & we may join them.  hubby won't be able to go but it'll be the first vacation we've had & the first time the kids have ever seen the beach & ocean.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM

beach!! toes in the water ass in the sand kids screaming and chasing sea gulls hubby bitching he's getting burnt

omg can NOT wait!!!

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM

never been on vacay

aubsmom09
by Erin on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM

We always go to the family cabin.  We have been once so far this summer, but I think we will go at least one other time. 

I always do a girls' vacation to Park City, Utah.  We do that in June every year.

lapcounter
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
We've been to a couple places already this year, we are taking an extended family vacation in three weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM

We just got back from a month long road trip. DD wanted to see Alcatraz, so we took about a week to get to San Francisco. We saw a bunch of National Parks along the way, did some camping, hiking and saw a bunch of caves. From SF we worked our way down to Los Angeles to visit my 93 yr. old great uncle. DH left to go back home at the 2 week mark.
Then we went through Southern Arizona to Tucson, to visit a distant cousin, Tombstone, because I'm a history geek, through Las Cruces, played on the dunes at White Sands NM, Santa Fe, then finally home to Denver.

I need a vacation to rest up from my vacation.

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:44 PM

This year we went to Disney World for 4 times and spent a week at the beach with my family.

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Wow! Nice!

Quoting wandep:

This year we went to Disney World for 4 times and spent a week at the beach with my family.

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Sounds like a fun and adventurous trip! :)

Quoting balagan_imma:

We just got back from a month long road trip. DD wanted to see Alcatraz, so we took about a week to get to San Francisco. We saw a bunch of National Parks along the way, did some camping, hiking and saw a bunch of caves. From SF we worked our way down to Los Angeles to visit my 93 yr. old great uncle. DH left to go back home at the 2 week mark.
Then we went through Southern Arizona to Tucson, to visit a distant cousin, Tombstone, because I'm a history geek, through Las Cruces, played on the dunes at White Sands NM, Santa Fe, then finally home to Denver.

I need a vacation to rest up from my vacation.

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks it was. We did their special Florida residence package they had for DW. :) The kids had a blast.

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Wow! Nice!

Quoting wandep:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)