Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you in that 80%?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:27 AM
  • 71 Replies

Of women wearing the wrong bra size?

Now before you say "No of course not!" are you sure?

I recently learned that I was wearing the wrong size by quite a bit. I thought I was a 36 C, NOPE, I'm a 36 DD. I just thought if a bra was pretty it was supposed to be wicked uncomfortable. I mean Victoria's Secret told me I was a 36 C, they should know right? They're a BRA store. Apparently not...

My sister who is much smaller than me was SURE she was in the right size at 32 B, NOPE, she's a 30 D. I'll admit we had a good long laugh over that one. She was also mismeasured at VS. You have to be measured topless though so I'm not surprised VS screws up so much.

If you're thinking "But D's, DD's and upward are HUUUUUUUGGEEEEE!" They really aren't, it's all relative to band size.

So in all that my sister and I got new bras this weekend, and my boobs are MUCH happier now.

If you want to check yourself, the guide we used can be found here.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Yeah I probably am lol. 

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:56 AM

I used to work at a lingerie store in college.  So I know how to fit a bra.  They're like jeans...every brand fits a little different. 

And your size changes....over the course of the month..

mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Quoting chicken13:

I used to work at a lingerie store in college.  So I know how to fit a bra.  They're like jeans...every brand fits a little different. 

And your size changes....over the course of the month..

I'm reasonably sure I don't go from a C to a DD over the course of the month. ;) All of the "you're wearing the wrong size bra if..." things applied to me. Digs in? Yep. Cups overflow? YEP. The center thing doesn't lie flat against your skin? YEP. Quad boob? YEP. I'd post pictures, but yeah...

I def, agree about different brands though, I found the Vanity Fair brand works best for me, but I like 2 of their lines better than others. Maidenform was 26 levels of NOPE. Parisa (I think) was nice as well, but the VF were on Sale buy one get one 75% off so that swayed my vote this time. My main issue in this is finding bras that don't look like something an old woman would wear (that aren't $80 a pop). Some would only work with a turtleneck, it's like come on stores, they aren't THAT big, I don't need a circus tent to harness them.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Quoting boshs1andonly:

Yeah I probably am lol. 

Jemia
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Yes i am
momkaribg
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM
No I have been fitted at Lane Bryant
Apr1l
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I think I'll messure myself and see if I am. My bra fits fine though but they're strating to fall apart cause they're getting old.
mamivon2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I have no idea.. my boobs havent complained yet

momma-flynn
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM
I probably am. I have a hard time getting the right fit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)