Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, my son is going to middle school not the Military

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 37 Replies

My dh took our 11y old to get his pysical done today.. he was suppose to get one shot. nope ended up with 4!! One he needed.. and then the other 3 my dh thought he (our son needed) like cervical cancer!!!  oh and I think 2 shots he already recived when he was 4 or 5!!!

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bether89
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I would have thought that the nurse or doctor would have his records and not given him shots he did not need.

squeekers
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I believe the doctors think as long as the child is in front of them, give them all in vaccinations needed and not have to deal with other outstanding appointments

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM

My husband took him. and my dh told me. well this is one of those preventetive (spelling) shots.. bla bla.. I mean Im all for healthy kids but you know you can overdo it too..

Quoting bether89:

I would have thought that the nurse or doctor would have his records and not given him shots he did not need.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

That's really sad, why wouldn't they verify if he actually needs them or not.  I don't get it.  And we wonder what is wrong with our healthcare system.  I'm sorry they did that too him.  Hope he doesn't have any fevers, discomfort or anything like that.  Poor kid!

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM

you know I can understand the Tetanus shot aka lockjaw) but like cervical cancer shot..? I think this might
 one of those where I think he (when he is older) can decide) my son is 11 and doesnt even have a girlfriend and or is sexual active.. or Hepatitis A is given between the age of 12m and 23m..

Quoting ablackdolphin:

That's really sad, why wouldn't they verify if he actually needs them or not.  I don't get it.  And we wonder what is wrong with our healthcare system.  I'm sorry they did that too him.  Hope he doesn't have any fevers, discomfort or anything like that.  Poor kid!

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Wow, that's not good...

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

they have been suggesting the cervical cancer shot to everyone in middle school because they might be sexually active. There are so many issues with it and it is very dangerous please watch him

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM

yep, swelling of the brain, paralyzes, allergic reaction just to name a few.. my dh took him. you could think he would ask and talk

Quoting Godspitgrl:

they have been suggesting the cervical cancer shot to everyone in middle school because they might be sexually active. There are so many issues with it and it is very dangerous please watch him

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

That is one reason I took them when they were in the first year because he was still only kinda against vaccines at the time but when he saw that things were not jsut to us (we have a vaccine injured son) and not just a coinsidence then he now knows to always say no

Quoting mamivon2:

yep, swelling of the brain, paralyzes, allergic reaction just to name a few.. my dh took him. you could think he would ask and talk

Quoting Godspitgrl:

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM

oh I know my dd wont get it.. she used to have seizures, sorry.. I think thats one vacs she can decide...

Quoting Godspitgrl:

That is one reason I took them when they were in the first year because he was still only kinda against vaccines at the time but when he saw that things were not jsut to us (we have a vaccine injured son) and not just a coinsidence then he now knows to always say no

Quoting mamivon2:

Quoting Godspitgrl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN