HOME DAYCARE

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: HOME DAYCARE VS DAYCARE CENTER

Options:

DAYCARE CENTER

HOME DAYCARE

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

I'd LIKE TO OPEN A HOME DAYCARE  IN OMAHA NE.... i KNOW TONS OF WORK GOES INTO IT, BUT IM WILLING TO DO THE WORK TO DO SOMETHING THAT i WOULD LOVE. PLEASE ANY ADVICE?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

if I had to do it I would do it in a home

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I'm a SAHM and my kids have never gone to daycare but hearing things from my friends I think many of them wanted to find a nice home day care center where their kids got more one on one time and did things like crafts, projects etc

Many didn't want their kids to be raised by other kids but rather by an adult watching a few kids at a time.  They wanted it to feel more like a home than a center.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:14 PM

It all depends. I used to work at a head start that had a locked front door and very strict pick up policies. They had a two teacher rule, and they were NAEYC accredited. So, although it was annoying at times to work there, I would definitely want my child to go to a place like that, if they were in a center. However, if you have your child in a home base, you can really get to know the worker and have a better chance of your child getting personal attention. I think it all depends on personal needs / standards. I would definitely do your research though.Make sure you are doing everything legally and up to code. Good luck!

juls1985
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM

thank you so much for your comments they were all very helpful. 

KW1280
by Todah on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
My job provides daycare on site but I prefer someone to watch him in my home. He loves the kids in daycare. This what I look for
Cleanliness
Education (staff)
Love what you are doing
Educational material and programs for the children
Outside time
Healthy snacks
I wish you success
yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM

i voted home daycare.. to me it is more personal and the child will feel more at home.  But it also depends on the child's age.. if they are about to start school soon it would be a good experience if they go to a center that looks more like a school, this way the transition is easier.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I thought about having a home day care. just make sure you get all the things done you need for it.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I would do a home day care

alf2651
by Amanda on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM

If I had to, I would prefer a home daycare.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Quoting momofsixangels:

I would do a home day care

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: