Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who has started Christmas shopping?

Posted by   + Show Post
I started months ago! I go to Once Upon A Child and look for new in the box toys. It's an awesome way to start shopping early! I've already gotten brand new in the box Lego sets for an 1/4 of the price in the store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
Katieatie
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Usually, we would be done or close to it by now....but we are totally slacking this year. Haven't even bought one gift, we took a mini vaca to NYC, so you would think we would have bought souvenir gifts, but nope lol

lovinmyboys...
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Might be the last week of july like it was last year. Don't know for sure yet.

Quoting rosiemarie:

Do you know what day it starts??

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

I started months ago, but I am planning to really stock up at Target's end of July toy clearance. With all 4 of our birthdays in december, I have to shop early.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM

i always start after christmas.  you can get great things on clearance after christmas.  i have a big family & with b-days & christmas that's allot of gifts.  i pick up stuff on clearance throughout the year that way i'm not spending a big chunck of change at once for gifts.  i just went through my gift box a few weeks ago & found that i'm more than 1/2 way done with my shopping for the year.

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I'm on school supplies....
LifeCafe42
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I shop all year when I see clearance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Not me. I try to wait until all birthdays are done with. The last one is in September so shortly after that I will start.

OliviaW.
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM
All I have left to do is get my kids stuff. I normally make all jy Christmas gifts and that's done unless I want to give people apricot jam when I'm finished.
momkaribg
by Kari on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I have got almost all my extended family gifts. I just need stuff for the kids and DH.

MamaSarah1104
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I bought something for dd last month, but I haven't decided if it will be a birth day or Christmas present lol
momkaribg
by Kari on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM

This is what i did also.

Quoting lizzig:

i always start after christmas.  you can get great things on clearance after christmas.  i have a big family & with b-days & christmas that's allot of gifts.  i pick up stuff on clearance throughout the year that way i'm not spending a big chunck of change at once for gifts.  i just went through my gift box a few weeks ago & found that i'm more than 1/2 way done with my shopping for the year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN