Group Home

When picking out school clothes, how much say do you have?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 68 Replies

When picking out school clothes, how much say do you have in what your kids get?

Is there anything that is off limits?

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this

100% say? Unless my kids are paying on their own, only things I approve of will be purchased.

mcginnisc
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Mine wear uniforms so I have all the power as I have to reiterate what is acceptable to wear for their uniforms. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Today at 1:30 PM
by Pam on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I have 100% say....if moma don't like it they don't get it. lol

mackiebugsmom
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM
My dd is only 10 so I don't even have to worry about me not liking something she wants and I know her style so she always likes what I pick out...so far :)
maxswolfsuit
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:25 AM

100%

My kids aren't old enough to care yet. They usually aren't even there when I buy clothes. 

Honestly I go through the racks and the second hand store and get what will fit them and looks good. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM

we don't buy school clothes.  we buy the kids clothes when they need them. 

as far as having a say, my oldest will be ten in about a month.  i've had to take her shopping with me for clothes for awhile now because she's starting to "mature" & i can't really buy clothes for her without her trying them on, especially bottoms.  she has majority of the say in what she gets but i do have veto power.  thankfully she's not one to follow the fashions of the moment so i don't have to worry about her picking out short shorts or skirts, she's not a fan at all! ;o)  if i'd let her she'd have a wardrobe filled with every owl, bacon or mustache shirt she could find, so that's really the only place i have to use my veto power with her.  oh, & with cost to.  it's not that she has expensive taste it's just that she doesn't look at pricetags only the design & i'm not one to pay $20 for a t-shirt.

my little guy will be 6 in two weeks & really doesn't care about clothes.  if he's out with me when i'm shopping for him i'll ask him if he likes this or that, but he could really care less about what his clothes look like, for the moment, so i don't have to use my veto powers with him, yet.

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I have the final say on anything. I have boys and they are younger in age so really no problems with this yet.
sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I don't buy school clothes..I just buy as needed. My kids are still young..5 and 2..so it's not a big deal for them yet. ;)

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I have final veto power.

Susan0805
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I'd say 99% lol. I let her pick out things she likes and have an opinion when she is with me but ultimately I make the call if it passes my price, modesty, and appearance standards, lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky