Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Playing Footsie with Fall Flats

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 36 Replies

I'm seeing them...are you? The ads in my email box showing the new moto jackets. The store windows with cardigans and darker colors. It has started: the fall fashion previews. Hard to think about with the heat and kids still running around outside with zero thoughts of school, eh?

But you know me, I'm a planner, so I'm making a list of any few new items I'll need for my fall wardrobe and always at the top: shoes. We walk so much around NYC, it is vital, essential, a must-have to wear shoes that are not just good-looking but comfortable. The main choice has been that ballet flat, but I'm thinking about switching it up...

This little one from Piperlime is jazzy and with the side cutouts, good for those warmer fall days. It comes in a variety of colors and prints. I'm digging the blueish-teal color.

Picture these with cigarette pants and a jazzy t-shirt, maybe - a perfect update to my "mom uniform." With the trim of animal print, the loafer-with-a-mini-lace-up-area looks cool, but comfy and you can snag them at Zappos.

I have owned loafers from Anne Klein for a few years now, and not only to they cradle my feet while I run errands, I get loads of compliments on them. The black lizard material with the tortoise trim can be a nice addition almost all of your fall ensembles. I see these with jeans and cute white sweater. Done and done (find ‘em at Zappos too).

When you want to be casual yet don't want to wear sneakers, put-together yet not cute, these Converse espadrilles are your primo choice. Comes in blue and red and this adorable silver-y gray. Serious style, friends. 

These slippers I spotted at Piperlime just scream "comfort." The fantastic thing about them is the subtle print on the basic black. It's a go-to slip-on that you can wear with anything from black pants and a silk blouse to jeans and a tee.

Are you a shoe person? Snap a pic or share a screenshot of what you will be wearing on those footsies this fall!

©iStockphoto.com/ LailaRberg

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I like those loafers. I do know if i wear flats, they can not be flimsy material otherwise my feet hurt by end of errand.

I have a pair of dr scholls which i love.  The button detail I think is whimsical w/o being gaudy.  I found them at famous footwear on sale.

http://www.drschollsshoes.com/en-US/Product/28169-5165345/Dr.+Scholls/Natural+Sparkle/Womens+Fielding.aspx

Dr. Scholl's Women's Fielding Shoe

mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I'll still be wearing flip flops come Fall. Though some days I will wear Tom's.

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I like the first ones and the gray shoes. I have a pair of gray dress shoes with a little sparkle on top that will go with most anything I have. :)

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Those are cute!

Quoting frndlyfn:

I like those loafers. I do know if i wear flats, they can not be flimsy material otherwise my feet hurt by end of errand.

I have a pair of dr scholls which i love.  The button detail I think is whimsical w/o being gaudy.  I found them at famous footwear on sale.

http://www.drschollsshoes.com/en-US/Product/28169-5165345/Dr.+Scholls/Natural+Sparkle/Womens+Fielding.aspx

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Cute I much prefer flats!
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM

of those only like the converse. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM

i like those!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I don't like any of the shoes you posted. A friend of mine has done super cute Toms though. I might look into getting a pair.
mackiebugsmom
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I like flip flops or tennis shoes but my dd loves flats.
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Ilike the converse...very cute!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)