Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Celebrations: Neato Notecards to Say Thanks

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 35 Replies

It is one of those lost arts...the thank you note. Some folks still do them, perhaps as a text message (Thx 4 the gifts!) with a smiley face emoji or a quick email or Facebook message, but grabbing a pen and a piece of paper and jotting a few sentences in response to a bit of kindness, well, yeah, I haven't done it lately either. But I'm hoping to get better at it -- and teach Kiddo the importance of it as well. 

Notecards are perfect for thank yous, as they are just the right size to hold a few sentences, enough to get across your thoughts, but not too big so as you feel like you have to write a novel to fill the space. Having a few on hand makes the motivation to actually write the thank you note that much stronger....trust me...a little like "if you have it, you will write it" mentality.

How adorable are these quotes card, with a lovely saying from Proust? Ideal to drop a note to tell that friend who helped with preschool pickup while you had the tummy bug how fabu she is. Snag a few at QuoteArts.

From a "thanks for having us to your winter cocoa and bubbly soiree" message to a "your fruitcake was delicious" note of appreciation, the simple blue with a sweet snowflake design can be used by anyone at holiday time. I spotted it at NatureGood shop on Etsy.

Also on Etsy, the typewriter icon with a classic thank you notecard set from the SweetSights shop is a year-round, all-purpose, any-occasion card (did I use enough hyphenated adjectives there?). Use it to thank the organizer for the fun birthday dinner or for your aunt who stitched an adorable fifth birthday pillow for your kiddo.

Ideal for the artsy folks in your world or just friends who are a bit more fashionable, the collection of Pantone color chips made into notecards I found at Papyrus will make the recipient smile and be inspired. A note to say thanks or just a "how are you doing?" message, she can hang it on a bulletin board after as an idea for a hue during that bedroom redesign. 

Do you write thank you notes? Do you like getting them -- in the regular mail? What notecards do you use? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ AmbientIdeas              

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I do for bigger gifts or acts od kindness but not for smaller things. I need to do them more often and my kids will too once they can write.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM

i never get thank you cards.  i used to when my nieces & nephews were little but now they are grown they don't send them anymore.

i have my kids write thank you notes to out of town family that sends them gifts.

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Cute. Yes, sometimes we do write thank you cards.

Jemia
by Shekella on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Yes we get thank you cards in the mail.
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Never have recieved a thank you note...Sometimes we give them...
fraujones
by Amanda on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I use them. Sometimes I make my own. 

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM

We don't really do this

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM

i like getting them and sending them too.. it is always nice to say thank you, especially when its not expected.

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I write thank you notes and I enjoy getting them. I feel it's more personable.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM

tyfs, sometimes i send them after christmas presents but that is all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)