Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What fashion trends will your child be wearing this year?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 200 Replies

We gave moms a $50 Kmart gift card and asked them to check out the back-to-school fashion/gear at Kmart. 

Read about all the great clothes/gear they bought and then tell us, what fashion trends will your child be wearing this year?

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
Bob192

It has been a while since I've shopped at Kmart.com.  The site was really easy to use.  It was well organized and easy to find what I wanted.  The prices were really reasonable and I found some really cute things!!  For my $50 I got the following.  For my daughter age 9 I got the blue penguin jacket, pink butterfly shirt, and blue cuff shorts.  For my son (6) I got the plaid shorts, and black cargo shorts.  The items shipped really fast.  I was really impressed with the quality for the price paid.  The items look really well made and will stand up to the abuse from my very active children.  Best of all, my children loved the clothes.  I think these will be some of their favorites for this back to school year.

romalove
1 mom liked this

I'm going to sneak in here, because really we spent the entire gift card on the school supplies (there is a pic of them in the other thread).

While there, my daughter (she is 17) did see a couple of things that she wanted clothing-wise, and we purchased a long sleeved black lace button down shirt with a collar, it was shot through with some metallic silver, to be worn over a cami since it is see-through.  My daughter LOVES anything lace.  She also purchased a bra that was on sale for 6.99.  

They did have a lot of lace and some pleather items that teens like, in the Bongo line.

SuperPickle

BUMP!

Mom2jngnc
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I was disappointed! 

The kids department was pathetic.... Just a couple of racks of shirts, 4 or 5 racks of pants, 

To my shock my PITA 13 yr old son found 2 pairs of jeans on clerance: one was marked $12.99 and the other $9.99. They rang up at $9.99 and $8.99 but don't know what was what. 

My 10 yr old found a belt. 

Nothing for the 6 yr old girl, the 5 yr old boy or the 18 yr old boy. 

I got the belt, 2 pairs of jeans, and 2 packages of filler paper. Needless to say I have a large sum still on my gift card.

A-WAHL
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM

We had such a blast spending our $50 Kmart giftcard. We found 2 super cute Route 66 Dresses for my dd (7.) At my local Kmart they had a huge $5.00 tshirt rack so we were able to snatch up a few of those and the rest of the GC was spent on a bunch of school supplies.

fraujones
by Amanda on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Last night we went back-to-school shopping with our gift card at Kmart. We bought two new shirts for DD. Honestly, we had a hard time choosing because she saw so many things she liked! 

This year my daughter is in second grade. Her taste in clothes is much flashier than mine--she loves the neon colors and glitter. After much deliberating, she picked out a tiger shirt and a Monster High shirt. 

In her new tiger shirt:

In her Monster High shirt: 

She loves them! 

Kissybratzmom
We didn't have a whole lot of selection for school supplies at our Kmart for my daughter do she ended up getting a pair of moccasins. I would post a photo but I do believe she's wearing them at school today. It's a little on the chilly side here in Iowa today. she wasn't too thrilled with their junior section of clothing. She had even commented that we could go to the mall and get stuff cheaper that were actual name brands. Now had the influencer been for baby clothes, I could have spent a small fortune on my little one. They have tons of cute baby clothes. I will probably go back and get the baby some when they go on sale.

It definitely wasn't the best influencer I have done but I'm still thankful and grateful for the opportunity to be able to be part of it, so thank you, Cafemom.
dandylynes
3 moms liked this

We went shopping yesterday for some clothes for my 15 y/o.  She was able to find a blouse and a blazer, but her favorite find was a new pair of heels that she needs for theater.  While we were trying the shoes on, we were having fun and here is a video of her pretending to be a runway model (part of it was we were also trying to make sure they weren't to slippery so there were no stage mishaps.  Photos of the shirt and blazer will be coming.

First day of school wearing her blazer.

Teeshann

so told my kids we were going to be buying school shoes. my 2 older kids ran ahead while i looked at a table that had tennis shoes for 9.00. my daughter came running over "mom they have monster high shoes!!! can i PLEASE get them?" then my son comes running over, he found avenger shoes, and they light up. we must have them. lol. there was a bogo half off sale on shoes so i said ok. bought the baby a pair of shoes cuz she is just a shoe girl and would hold up her feet to try the shoes on.

when we went to pay i was pleasantly surprised to find out the avenger shoes were on clearance and rang up 5.99. so we still have 10.00 left on our card. my son needs a jacket and going to go back and see if we can find one.

we had a pleasant shopping trip. had several employees ask if we were finding everything ok.

panther79

Well my kids have to wear uniforms and I had already gotten those from the schools. The boys had their shoes already so we used the gift card on supplies they still needed like an organizer for my oldest and flash drives for both boys.

TerriC
2 moms liked this

We got a few school supplies the girls needed, mechanical pencils, a mini stapler for my DD that is going into 4th grade.  Notebook.  They each found a sundress they liked for back to school and one other outift and hair accessories and two packages of socks.  The girls love their sundresses and so do I, they look so cute in them.  If the weather stays nice, it will be their first day of school outfit.  We have always had good luck at Kmart in the kids clothing section, always a good choice and a lot to choose from.  The girls like the shoes from Kmart as well, and we will be heading back next week for that.  We have always had good experiences with Kmart, clean store, friendly staff, well stocked.  As far as fashion trends, only time will tell, they both change their likes so often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)