Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you Label Your Kids School Supplies?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 33 Replies

Do you have a certain method to labeling?

**Backpack, Thermos, Pencil case. Not each individual item like a pencil, marker, etc..**  Thank you for your suggestionshappy

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Usually permanent marker..sometimes with the label maker.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I do not on supplies because I realize items are for classroom sharing.

The only things I label are personal items like back pack and lunch bag. The lunch bag is from 31 gifts so it's embroidered the back pack has her name inside with sharpie.
BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I consider his pencil box, backpack and thermos school supplies so that is what I'm referring too.

Quoting Supervane:

The only things I label are personal items like back pack and lunch bag. The lunch bag is from 31 gifts so it's embroidered the back pack has her name inside with sharpie.

godsgirl26
by ♥Charmaine♥ on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Usually permanent marker..sometimes with the label maker.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I consider things like backpacks and a thermos or other lunch/snack necessities personal items like I said in my original reply.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

I consider his pencil box, backpack and thermos school supplies so that is what I'm referring too.

Quoting Supervane:

mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I write their name on it with a Sharpie, if it's needed. I'm not sure what needs to be labeled right now so I'll wait until the Meet the Teacher night to ask.

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Quoting Supervane:

I consider things like backpacks and a thermos or other lunch/snack necessities personal items like I said in my original reply.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Quoting Supervane:

This is a snarky comment

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM
And it took you 2 quotes from my original reply to decide it was snarky..... Genius! And swift!

Take however you want, maybe you don't realize many many many many schools in the country pool school supplies in classrooms. It's nothing out of the ordinary or out of this world. No point in labeling something like a pencil that's for community use, it'll still be for community use regardless of who's name is on it. That's just how it is.

Quoting BeachMommy07:Quoting Supervane:

Quoting BeachMommy07:I consider his pencil box, backpack and thermos school supplies so that is what I'm referring too.Quoting Supervane:I do not on supplies because I realize items are for classroom sharing.

This is a snarky comment
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM

usually permanent marker

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I don't normally bother but I would try permanent marker. Make sure it can't rub off if you are concerned. We had an issue of a girl taking something of someone's and rubbing their name off of it on purpose.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN